A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Friday 25 April 2014

Children should not be affected so critically by Cancer

Thank you very much for taking your time to read through my blog. My name is Ella-Louise; if the children suffering from this malicious illness knew you were here to support them they would be extremely thankful too. Trying to give Children the best childhood possible is something very important to me. Children with Cancer UK is a very well-known charity nationally they are there to help give these guiltless children back their lives by giving them the medication their bodies need to fight through Cancer, but unfortunately many people do not understand how important the fundraising and donations are to trying to stop the children’s pain. But I am hoping my Blog will try and change many opinions and attitudes towards helping these children, because many of their families simply cannot afford to help them on their own. www.ChildrenwithCancerUK.org.uk.


 Patients with cancer often stay in hospital for many days or months at a time and being in hospital for that long can be very difficult for patients and their parents, brothers and sisters, and particularly for patients in isolation. Instead of being at school and fascinated by her education Lily is lying in a hospital bed hooked up to medication fighting for her life. Her family is all Lily has during this awful time as she has no chance of an education so she cannot make friends while working but watch her families concern rise. Because Lily is the only child around her to only people to keep her entertained are her struggling family, she has no one of her own age to keep her companionship. One of Lily’s dreams is to go to school like any other child, but similar to Cancer the fear of bullying is petrifying her and stopping her from fulfilling her dreams.

Thank you again for evaluating my blog. Please do leave a detailed response regarding my Blog. In particular, it would be excellent if you could leave a few words to answer the following questions I have- and help in any way you feel you can.

  • Had you ever heard of the problems caused by Children suffering with Cancer?
  • Do you now feel more informed about issues Children face with suffering from Cancer?
  • Would you now be prepared to do any of the following to improve the Children’s lives?
  1. Make a donation to ‘Children with Cancer UK’?
  2. To join or possibly start a fund raising campaign?
  3. Inform your friends, family or anyone you think possible about ‘Children with Cancer UK’ and how they could help stop the children’s pain?
  4. Regularly receive information sent by ‘Children with Cancer UK’ informing you about their latest stories and upcoming fund raising events, and how to get involved?
If you are able to post a response to my blog, please can you tell me where you come from; for example your home town / country. (If not UK)

Thank you again so, very much for showing an interest in my Blog!

Ella-Louise

1 comment:

  1. i have not heard of the problems.
    I do feel a lot more informed after reading your AMAZING blog.
    I would be prepared to donate now I have heard of what donation can do.
    if I could I would start a fundraising campaign, however I would join one!
    I would inform all of my family and friends because I feel everyone needs kow about this.
    I would love to receive updates and information from children with cancer uk.
    I come from the uk.
    Liv :)

    ReplyDelete