A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Wednesday 7 July 2010

We can all save energy quickly!


Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this and hopefully comment on my blog. We all know it is crucial at this time to save energy, and I believe that an energy meter is a quick and effective gadget which whilst letting us save energy - also saves us cash! It is proven that when used properly an energy meter can save us up to 20% off our bills!

How does it work? Basically it reads how much energy your home is currently using, some even tell you how much it costs and then it’s up to you to turn off all electrical devices currently not in use (at the wall) and then see how much you have saved.

They are simple to use and install and come in all different shapes and sizes. Some energy companies are already giving out free energy meters with some deals so check if you can get one too!

In summary 3 reasons why you should try to get hold of energy meters are:

• They can save you money
• They can help prevent Global warming
• They can show you how much energy you are using exactly.
Global warming is likely to affect many animals- if our planet becomes hotter ice on the poles will melt resulting in devastating consequences for us and the animals living there.

It would be really helpful if you could please comment on your feelings towards the usage of energy meters and if you have after reading this article bought an energy meter or are considering buying one please tell me. Specifically:

1. Had you heard about Energy Meters before?
2. Have I made you more aware of the possible benefits of Energy Meters?
3. Would you now consider getting an energy meter installed in your home? Please explain your answer briefly.

Many thanks again for your help, if you do respond respond to this blog.

Rachel

8 comments:

  1. 1. no i hadn't heard about it
    2. yes you have made me more aware of the possible benifits.
    3. yes i would as i would like to help stop cliimate change

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. No I hadn't heard of energy meters before.
    2. Yes, as I'm sure many people as well as myself would like to save money and stop climate change.
    3. Yes, for reasons stated in answer 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. No I'm afraid I hadn't heard of energy meters before.
    2. Yes, thank you Rachel, you have made me more aware of the benefits of energy meters.
    3. Yes, I would consider installing an energy meter in my home as it would be good to know the cost of the energy we currently use and how much money we could save. But I would have to look into the cost of the energy meter itself first, to see if it would be a worhtwhile investment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1) Yes, ive heard of an energy meter
    2)Yes , i now know more about energy meters.
    3) yeah i would definately consider installing an energy meter to my home as it could lower the amount of energy we use saving our money and lowering the emmissions polluting our planet.However if they were really expensive i probably wouldnt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Rachel for bringing this top energy tip to my attention...I wasn't aware of these meters but will now get trawling the net to see how much energy I need to save before I can afford to pay for one !

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1) yes we have
    2) no we don't
    3) we might consider it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had heard about energy meters but didn't really know what one was before now.
    I will consider buying one, or even better seeing if I can get a free one from my energy supplier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. Yes I have heard of energy meters before. I have recently seen advertisements for them.
    2. Yes you have made me more aware of the benefits of the meters.
    3. I would consider getting one in the future as they look a straightforward way of saving power and helping saving the planet.

    ReplyDelete