A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Wednesday 7 July 2010

Recycling - What YOU can do...



Thank you for choosing to view our blog on recycling in Devon and we hope that you come away supporting this growing issue!
Our aim is to try and get everybody in our community to help to combat climate change by recycling. After all every little helps!
You should recycle because...


• We want our world to be kept and preserved for future generations to enjoy!
• By recycling you are helping others instead of polluting our planet - for example when you give clothes to a charity shop instead of throwing them in the bin others can benefit from your ‘junk’!
• Recycling saves the time and energy of those who are responsible for sorting through house hold waste in the landfill sites
• If everyone helped by doing small individual recycling gestures, it would actually build up to a big effort made by the local community!

After now reading our blog, please can you post a brief response to these two questions:

1. Have we in any way changed your opinion about recycling &/or made you more aware of the possible benefits of recycling?
2. Would you now consider recycling more yourself? Please explain.

Thank you again for taking an interest in a local issue close to our hearts and we hope you will go away with the intention to recycle more!

Chelsea and Sarah

9 comments:

  1. 1. I'm afraid you haven't changed my opinion because I knew it was important to recycle beforehand, however i did find your blog very thought provoking as it reinforced my opinion.
    2.I would not consider recycling more as in my house we already recycle waste food for composting, plastic, cardboard, paper etc.

    Also, you could have mentioned possible things to recycle...

    Great Blog Sarah and Chelsea! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My opinion has always been to recycle and i think we should be able to recycle more

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. You have not changed my opinion as before I read this I supported this issue anyway, but I do agree with you on this matter.
    2. We already recylce quite alot of things in my house but i think that everybody should be taking part in saving our resorces.

    Great blog
    from Lorna =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have not changed my opinion but this is because i already support recycling.
    Yes, i would but i cannot really because i already do as much recycling as i can to help the environment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. i have always thought that recycling is a good thing and that we need to do it more, but i found that your blog didn't really make me feel nore inclined to recycle. i think that it is a very good blog but i feel that you needed to go into a bit more depth on the current situation and what people need to do.
    2. i would have found it quite good if you had said what is acatually possible to recycle. i will deffinately keep recycling but i would have liked a bit more information. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks everyone for your comments!! our posters will be on display in the main reception from monday the 4th for a week only!! also we will have on display sheets saying what you can recycle and what rubbish you can put in each separate bin as we know now people in torbay have recently got new recycling equipment! Take the time to have a look and we hope you will carry on to spread the word about how important it is to recycle! thanks
    Sarah and Chelsea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1.You have changed the way I think about recycling and I am now more aware of how I recycle and deposit my waste materials.


    2.I will now recycle more as I now know the impacts of recycling and not recyling. I hope to recycle much more than I normally do now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didnt really know anything about recycling before, and i am now much ore aware of the positive aspects of recycling.
    I will definately recycle more

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am more aware of recycling now and what and where to recycle
    I shall try and recycle more but I have a rather busy lifestyle with work and 2 kids

    ReplyDelete