A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Monday 29 April 2013

Animal Abandonment- A cruel crime that Animals in Distress are trying to stop



Firstly I would like to thank you for taking an interest and reading my blog. I’m Lauren and in school we’re taking a citizenship GCSE. The advocacy theme I have chosen to focus on during my course is Animals in Distress located in Ipplepen, Devon. My aim is to raise awareness about abandonment of animals and re-homing because there are simple solutions to making animal lives happier. I would also like to gain support as abandonment of animals is an issue throughout the world, we must do more to protect animals and look after them.

In England alone, over 7,300 animals were abandoned last year. After the recent increase of animals being abandoned rescue centres will be dealing with 77% more animals a year. Animals in Distress re-homes over 1000 animals a year, the organisation does not receive funding unlike other rescue centres, RSPCA, so therefore the charity heavily reply on their charity shops positioned in Babacombe, Brixham, Paignton, Newton Abbot, Dawlish, Totnes and Bovey Tracey. So, this means that as they don’t get hold of a lot of money and look after hundreds of animals as little as a £5 donation helps make a difference. There are many solutions to their problems that people like you can do, for example, donate money to them, buy things at their charity shops, go to their centre and volunteer to look after a few animals like by walking dogs, or possibly by even re-homing an animal. Just by being committed to proceed with one of those aspects would help the organisation and animals greatly. Please use this website to learn more about donations and other information http://www.animalsindistress.uk.com/ . The money donated from people like you can do things like this...


With your help this can happen to hundreds of abandoned animals. It’s so simple to make abandoned animals lives happy and safe. Please help the animals that need you, because please just imagine if you were an Animal that had been abandoned, and left, alone with no food and no love. Would you want you to help?

Please post a comment below so I have evidence that my blog was well received. Please answer the following questions in your comment and also where you live (hometown), and country if you don’t live in the UK.

  • Have you thought about the issue of abandonment before reading my blog? If so how?
  • Do you now feel more informed about the abandonment of animals? If so please explain?
  • Would you now support my advocate? If yes, in what ways would you support them?
  • Have I changed your behaviour on abandonment issues? Is so how?
Thanks again for taking your time to read my blog. Please post a comment!

Lauren

7 comments:

  1. A well structured blog, changed my opinion on the charity

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with your views

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that story is moving

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew about the charity before reading this blog.
    I now feel more informed on the issue in the UK.
    I do feel I would now support this charity.
    You have definitely changed my opinion on the whole issue.

    Torbay,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really influenced my views, I have never thought about how bad animal abandonment is in the UK! Yes I do feel more informed after reading this as it includes statistical information. Yes I would definitely now support it I will be checking out their website. Yes my opinion has changed because I didn't have much of one on this issue before reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely feel more informed about the abandonment of animals-the statistics are truly shocking! I hope you are successful as something desperately needs to be done!

    Newcastle UK

    ReplyDelete
  7. there are more important charities

    ReplyDelete