A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Tuesday 30 April 2013

Scratching for freedom – would you ignore creating a life for a Blue Cross animal?

I thank you for taking the time to read my blog. My name is Brede and I really want to help animals for the better. Many people may also be doing blogs on animals and so forth, but it is not about how many people, it’s about why, and why? Because I feel strongly towards my charity, The Blue Cross. After you have read my blog I am hoping that I will have changed your views, either slightly, or entirely, towards the Blue Cross – and therefore hope that you will want to help.

 
The reason that I am writing this blog is to promote The Blue cross as one of the best charity’s that I know. Here’s Flush’s story: Flush was found stuck down a four-foot deep basement drain. The Blue Cross thought that she’d been flushed down the loo. Miraculously she survived and was rushed to a Blue Cross hospital where veterinary staff gave her a check-up and a thorough clean up. When she was well enough The Blue Cross found her a happy new home. For more information on  Flush and other animals story’s visit: www.bluecross.org.uk

 
Flush’s life was saved by the Blue cross. There are thousands of Blue Cross centre’s across the UK and it costs from as little as £1.00 to give a donation.  The animals need you and sometimes you need them. It doesn’t take much. I want to help animals and I hope that one day you will to. Let the Blue Cross animals out – imagine if it was you!

 
 

Thank you so much again for visiting and reading my blog. I do hope that have changed your views towards the Blue Cross. If you could now post me a response to your thoughts to the questions below, they will be greatly considered. Further details of what I have said and to find out more about what the Blue Cross does visit www.bluecross.org.uk Give animals freedom!

 
¨       Had you heard about the problems animals face with being abandoned and mistreated?

¨       Do you now feel more informed about the issues with animal cruelty and abandoning?

¨       Would now be prepared to do any of the following things to help improve animals lives, like the Blue Cross did for Flush:


1.       Make a donation to the Blue Cross?

2.       Create or join a fundraising activity?

3.       When you are old enough think about adopting an animal?

4.       When you are old enough, volunteer at one of the rescue centres?

5.       Tell your family or friends about the |Blue Cross and try to persuade them about helping out as well.

 

If you do post a response then can you please say where you come from, i.e. your home town, city or country ( if it is not the U.K.

Thanks, Brede

 

 

5 comments:

  1. A really worthwhile cause. I hope people support this vital charity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. yes
    2. yes
    3. yes
    4. no
    5.maybe
    from rhino
    Torquay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes i think your blog is great and i too feel strongly for animals being treated badly, or been neglected, and The Blue Cross sounds incredibly good and helpful to try and rescue animals that need help. I especially feel sorry for animals who have had a bad start, this is because my cat was found in a wheely bin when he was just 5 weeks old. Luckily someone found him but i think that no animals should be treated like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very worth while cause, very imformative

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would certainly be prepared to donate whenever I can. I do feel strongly about animal cruelty.

    ReplyDelete