A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Monday 29 April 2013

Save the Bengal Tigers with Panthera



Hi, I am Emily and I would just like to thank you for taking the time to click onto my blog. The charity I want to present to you today is Panthera. Panthera is a pressure group with aims to increase awareness of the poaching of big cats. I hope you will help and support my advocacy by leaving comments and replies below.

The big cats that Panthera aim to protect are cougars, lions, tigers, leopards, snow leopards, jaguars and cheetahs. These animals are being poached and are almost extinct. As the human race increases it needs more space to prevent over-population; so they cut down the rainforest. This means that habitat is lost for the cats and time is slowly running out for this beautiful species.

As I cannot represent every big cat and the war Panthera is raging to protect them I am advocating the protection of Bengal Tigers. There are less than 2,500 tigers left in the wild and of the eight subspecies’ known to us in 1901, there are now only five. Bengal Tigers are beautiful creatures and can carry the rare White Tiger Gene which makes them even more precious.

They don’t deserve to be slaughtered, so why are they? And why can’t we be strong and beautiful, just like a Bengal Tiger?



Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and hopefully comment below, your reaction will be much appreciated. Please answer the following questions and explain your answers:
  1. Have you heard of/thought about my issue before reading this blog and do you now feel more informed about Panthera?
  2. Would you be happy to support our campaign and/or donate to Panthera?
  3. Would you tell your family and friends about it?
  4. Would you now be prepared to raise awareness about Panthera?
Thank you for answering these questions can you now please state where you come from. (Town and country if not the UK)

Emily

5 comments:

  1. 1. NO I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS ISSUE BEFORE YOUR BLOG, YES I DO FEEL MORE INFORMED
    2. YES I WOULD
    3. PROBABLY
    4. PROBS INNIT

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. No i had not heard of this issue before and i now feel very informed of Panthera
    2. I would be very happy to donate to Panthera and maybe also campaign
    3. I would definitly tell my friends and family about this charity
    4. After reading this blog i would be prepared to raise awareness for this charity

    Newton Abbot

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. No i had not heard of this issue before and i now feel very informed of Panthera
    2. I would be very happy to donate to Panthera and maybe also campaign
    3. I would definitly tell my friends and family about this charity
    4. After reading this blog i would be prepared to raise awareness for this charity

    Newton Abbot

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. I had not heard of this issue before
    3. I would donate
    3. I would tell my family and friends
    4. I would try and raise awareness for it

    newton abbot

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, yes
    yes
    yes
    yes

    devon

    ReplyDelete