A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Tuesday 19 June 2012

Campaign Kidney

Help Exeter Kidney unit and their patient association …

My name is Ellen and first thank you very much for choosing my blog. This unit helps thousands of people with different kidney problems all across Devon and some of Somerset. I have a strong interest in Exeter Kidney Unit as my grandfather was treated there. People often haven’t heard of the unit or the many diseases they treat there. Once you have read my blog I hope to have raised awareness of my cause, Exeter Kidney unit.

I would first like to tell you my grandfather’s story. He had kidney failure and therefore had to have treatment from the unit for more than 4 years. The treatment was vital in keeping him alive without he would not survive. He went to dialysis three times a week for hours on end. Government funding is barely enough for the unit and it is compromised for bigger institutions. We need you support. With over 40 years of helping people all they ask for is a little help.

Thank you for reading my blog and please tell others of my cause. Your response is vital to me so please write your thoughts. Just a few fantastic words will help, if you decide to help the unit and need advice please don’t hesitate to contact me or here is the website for the Exeter unit patient association: http://edkpa.org/default.aspx. If you do post a response please tell me where you come from e.g. town and county also you country if not from the UK. Here are some questions that you may want to answer in your response

  • Had you ever heard of the unit and the work they do before reading my blog? If so how?
  • Would you help support the unit financially or by raising awareness? If so which one?
  • Would you like to know more about the unit and the work? If so what specifically?
  • Do you feel informed of my cause? If so please tell me what I could have done better.
Thanks again,
Ellen

17 comments:

  1. thank you for this information before reading this I didn't have much knowledge on the issue. In response to your questions I had heard of the unit but not much of the work they do. I would definitely tell others of the blog and the unit, however i would need to do more research if I was to consider donating. I would definitely like to know more possibly on what issues the money would be spent on and suchlike. I do feel more informed and the only thing I think you could have inproved upon was adding some more facts and figures when you spoke about the government funding. A very good blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I now know more of the unit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog was really informative and your grandad was a brave man

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very good blog - thank you for informing me further!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really informed me thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really informative and great cause!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very good blog, very informative i feel totally informed and i would now be willing to support this cause.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had never heard about this unit before and I am glad you informed me about it. I would most definately support your cause and you have told me pretty much all I need to know.
    You have done really well, an excellent blog.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. An excellent blog very informative

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was a great blog, i will consider supporting the unit on any of their fundraisers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great charity, and I found your blog very informative:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the work that the unit do and I think it is a fantastic cause to raise money for and I probably will to in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that the people of the south west are very lucky fro this resource and if I lived there then I believe it would benefit me a great deal as i suffer from kidney disease myself

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is a very informative blog, before i didn't know anything about the unit, and your blog was very useful to me - now i know pretty much all i need to know. i would help the unit now by raising awareness of it because it is a very worthwhile cause.
    excellent blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. fantastic blog- really informative, and i definitely would consider donating

    well done ellen! :)

    torquay, devon

    ReplyDelete
  16. The real life story of your Grandfather was extremely helpful as i saw how the unit helped him and helps others like it, very informative. A great blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am currently support Kidney Research UK which is a similar charity and I am also doing it for my Citizenship advocacy project. I found this really interesting and I now feel more informed and it is very well written.

    ReplyDelete