A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Tuesday 19 June 2012

FORCE – working locally to support anyone affected by cancer

Hello, my name is Vicky, and thank you for taking an interest in my blog on Force. I understand many of you won’t have heard of Force before, therefore I hope by the end of it you will have learnt something about this amazing organisation. First of all, I am trying to raise your awareness about cancer, and how Force can help those affected by it. Secondly, I would like to tell you about the ways in which you can support Force, and why I think you should. Finally, I would love it if, by the end of my blog, you would feel differently towards Force.

Force finances research into the spread of cancer to improve patient care around Devon, and they buy valuable, but costly, equipment for hospitals, and run a Cancer Support Centre in Exeter. Force completely relies on donations, volunteers and others support to continue carrying out the work they do, and although over 10 million has already been raised, everything is very expensive – one single ultra-sound machine costs a huge £123,000! They willingly open their support centre, every weekday, to patients, carers, close family and friends, all with a friendly smile.

As Force helps fund research into the spread of ovarian cancer, as well as other things, please take a look at these statistics: 6,537 women were diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 2008 alone. 4,317 women died in 2009 from ovarian cancer. Force can help this, so they desperately need your support.

I know cancer may not affect many you at the moment but sadly later on in life many of you will see first-hand the sadness and pain cancer can bring. That’s why I urge you to support this charity. Wouldn’t you feel good inside if you knew you had helped someone suffering from cancer? Perhaps even contributed to curing cancer forever?

If you would like to find out more; perhaps donate or even fundraise, please visit: http://forcecancercharity.co.uk.

Thank you again for taking the time to read my blog. It would be very helpful if you could now please post a response, with your thoughts on Force, and an answer to these questions:

1.    Have you ever heard of Force before?
2.    Do you now feel more informed about Force?
3.    Would you now support Force by:
       a)      Visiting their website
       b)      Helping at a fundraising event
       c)      Donating?
4)    Finally, please add your home town and country.

Many thanks for your time,
Vicky

9 comments:

  1. this is absolutely inspirational, it is an amazing cause and I hope your advocacy goes well. I had never heard of Force before and I would now support them by visitng their website and possibly donating. My hometown is Bretagne France. Well done Vicky this is amazing, I will now spread the word to my family and friends.
    Thank you for this blog
    Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Belle, I agree. Please continue to keep on spreading the word.
      Vicky

      Delete
  2. 1.Have you ever heard of Force before? No
    2.Do you now feel more informed about Force? Yes your blog was very informative
    3.Would you now support Force by:
    a)Visiting their website-Yes
    b) Helping at a fundraising event-If I knew of one, then yes
    c)Donating? Possibly
    4)Finally, please add your home town and country.-Devon, England

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Nah but it sounds amazing
    2. Definetly I have learnt so much from this blog!!!
    3. I would do all of these things because after reading this blog i am passionate about FORCE
    4) I do not want to reveal that kind of information on this blog lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. heya vicky well done for supporting this amazing charity, it sounds like you are doing some very good work for what sounds like an amazing cause
    I hadnt heard of FORCE before but i now feel extremely informed! I would definetly do all 3 of those things to help them out as after reading this blog i think they sound like they do great work
    I'm from Newton Abbot baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. firstly, well done for doing such great work for this charity, you are a highly commendable girl doing some fantastic work.
    i hadnt heard of FORCE before and yet after this blog i feel extremely informed about them.
    i would definetly support them and would possibly donate.
    my home town is pathfinder village
    i feel inspired

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had heard of force before reading your blog although now feel a lot more informed about it. I will most probably visit their website regulary, and if I am aware of any fundraising events would definitely consider getting invloved. I would donate to this cause as it comes across as very good!

    -Exeter, England

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1.Have you ever heard of Force before? No
    2.Do you now feel more informed about Force? Yes
    3.Would you now support Force by:
    a)Visiting their website- Yes
    b) Helping at a fundraising event-No because I don't have the time, sorry
    c)Donating? Yes

    Tamara from Ivybridge, Devon

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1.Have you ever heard of Force before? Yes
    2.Do you now feel more informed about Force? Yes
    3.Would you now support Force by:
    a)Visiting their website- Yes
    b)Helping at a fundraising event- I have previously been to a Fundraising Event by Force, and believe it to be a worthy cause. I went to a Cream Tea held in aid of Force therefore now I would be likely to help at one.
    c)Donating? I would rather give time than money because I believe it shows you care more but maybe.
    4)Mary S, Devon, England

    ReplyDelete