A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Friday 15 June 2012

Help! Re-home a dog to stop a tear-Many Tears Animal Rescue

Firstly, I would like to say thank you for reading and taking an interest in my blog. My name is Hannah and I feel very strongly about Many Tears Animal Rescue (MTAR). MTAR is a small charity that rescues dogs from different situations and re-homes them to new loving families. When you have read my blog, I hope you will understand more about the dogs that get rescued, and feel that you want to help.

MTAR is based in South Wales and is run by a couple called VanAtta. The VanAtta’s have dedicated their lives to helping animals and have now setup MTAR. They mostly rescue dogs but they have a small cattery too. They get the dogs from horrendous conditions and bring them back to their former glory to then get adopted by a new friendly family.  The dogs can come from breeding farms where they are cooped up in small boxes and sometimes left to die. Others come from the pounds this means that if there owner doesn’t come to pick them up the people at the pound put the dogs to sleep. Finally a few dogs get sent to MTAR as the owners are unable to look after them. When they are fit and healthy at MTAR the dogs are then adopted by people who are willing to love them and give them all the attention they need.

This is a picture of a dog called Fimble. She arrived at Many Tears with a small amount of hair and a very skinny body. As you can see she is in very poor condition. After her time in MTAR you can see she is a totally different dog. She is playing happily; with her friends as if nothing happened to her. She has become a healthy weight and has grown an amazing coat.












Thank you so much again for reading my blog. Please could you now post me a response about your thoughts. There are a few questions below that would be helpful if you pick up on in your posts. Please help in any way you feel you can. For more information please go to http://manytearsrescue.webs.com/. Please, give a dog a chance. If you do post a response, please can you tell me where you come from i.e your home town & country (if not uk!).
  • Have you ever heard of Many Tears Animal Rescue before?
  • Do you know feel more informed about what Many Tears do?
  • Would you know be prepared to do any of the following things…
  1. Adopt a dog from Many Tears Animal Rescue
  2. Make a donation to Many Tears Animal Rescue
  3. Foster a dog from Many Tears Animal Rescue
Many thanks!
Hannah

10 comments:

  1. No
    Yes
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Yes
    I own 2 dogs and i would never ever hurt them i llove them to pieces. when i get home i go over and give them a hug like any dog owner would do!!
    I hope people take an interest in your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my blog. Please tell others to make a post on my blog, it would be extremely useful

      Thankyou

      Delete
  2. Hi Hannah,
    Yes I have heard of Many Tears Animal Rescue.
    Yes I do feel more infomed as it was an informative blog
    I would be prepared to do the following things later on in my life
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for reading my blog, please tell others about Many Tears and ask them to read my blog too

      Thankyou

      Delete
  3. Hi Hannah,
    It was good to meet you the other day. I think you are doing a great job with this project. I had not heard of the Many Tears organisation before and they are doing fantastic work alleviating suffering in animals. Keep up the good work!
    I had not heard of the organisation before.
    I now feel much more informed of their work and their methods.
    I will definitely consider making a donation towards their work.
    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou very much for your comment please tell others about Many Tears and ask them to read it too

      Delete
  4. Hiya Hannah,
    I know how much your dogs mean to you and I know that you wouldn't ever hurt them and I wouldn't hurt my goregous black lab either, so I think Many Tears animal rescue is a great charity,
    Good Luck on your Citizenship Coursework
    Liv

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. no
    2. yes
    3. yes - make a donation
    Well done hannah. Really good charity!
    Bex Tinks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this organisation before
    Yes I do as said I really learnt a lot about this very worthwhile charity
    I would definatley think about donating in futre.
    Fabulous blog very informative and interesting

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi hannah,
    No I hadnt heard of the charity before
    Yes I feel much more informed about them now
    Yes I would be prepared to support them
    Really informative blog, well done:) xxxx

    ReplyDelete