A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Monday 25 June 2012

Abdicate Animal Abuse!

Thank-you for looking at my blog! I’m Caoimhe and my blog is about animal cruelty and why it must be stopped. I’ve chosen to do the RSPCA as my charity because I feel really strongly about how animals are treated.

A lot of people will think that they are looking after their pets perfectly, and maybe you are. But just think for a minute. Do you take your pets on walks, or let them out regularly? Do you feed them too much or too little? Do you play with your pets regularly? Do you groom them? Simply ignoring your pet is a form of cruelty.

Of course, just ignoring your pet isn’t as bad as these cases...
Gary, Kelly, Louis and Tulisa are 4 kittens and they were found by a pedestrian in a ditch. Some teenagers have tried to drown them in the over-flowing drainage ditch by holding them under the water. After a while, the boys left, thinking that the kittens were dead. Luckily, minutes later they were found and taken to the RSPCA. However, now they’re improving rapidly.

Solo is a ginger tom-cat that was found with his right eye hanging out after someone had shot him, with an air gun, in the eye. After some recovery, he was introduced to other cats and humans, the vets soon saw that he didn’t pick a fight with another cat or person because he is so caring towards the other cats. Whoever shot him did it for no reason at all. Luckily, he was found and is in special care at the RSPCA now. However, just days after Solo was shot, another cat was shot and killed by an air gun. Some relatives of the owners were looking after the cat whilst the owners went on holiday. The cat, Lalla, spent most of her time indoors but she was found dead under a hedge. The air pellet had caused her lungs to collapse.

Imagine someone doing that to your animals and enjoying it? The RSPCA and the police work together to stop these people, but they are funded by the public so if people don’t donate, they can’t stop the behaviour of some disgusting people.

Please answer some short questions below…
  1. Do you have any pets?
  2. If so, what animal are they?
  3. Have you ever donated in any form to the RSPCA?
  4. After reading this blog, do you now feel more informed about the RSPCA?
  5. After reading this blog, would you consider donating or volunteering for the RSPCA?
Please comment below with your full name, country and town/city, and what you think of my blog!

Thank-you!
Caoimhe Taylor
http://www.rspca.org.uk/home

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS BLOG! YOU ARE AN AMAZING CHILD FOR CHOOSING THIS BLOG! I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1: Yes, I do have pets
    2: Rabbit and dog
    3: No but I have always wanted too
    4: Yes I do and the stories are really sad
    5: yes definately i love animals and I have always wanted to help an animal charity this is a great cause.
    A great blog
    Torquay, England

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes
    A dog, 2 guinea pigs
    Yes, a little
    yes
    Yes
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1/2. No I dont.
    3. Not yet.
    4. Yes, you have clearly explained the charity and really touched me with the stories.
    5. It depends...
    Well done, great blog.
    Torquay, England.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do have pets, I have two dogs.
    No I haven't donated to the RSPCA, but my first dog was from a re-homing shelter, so I'm counting that.
    I do feel more informed now.
    Ad I would consider donating to the RSPCA cause.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1 + 2. two dogs
    3. yes
    4. yes
    5. yes
    Torquay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yees i have two dogs, a cat and a tortoise and ive donated a small amount before. Yes i feel much more informed and might donate some monneyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an amazing bolg well done!

    ReplyDelete