A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Friday 15 June 2012

Help them enjoy every second of life before it goes-Help CWAC

Thank you for choosing to take interest in my Blog! I’m Tara. AIDS is something that I feel strongly about as a member of my family died of the disease. Many people believe that Aids is something that occurs only in people who are gay. Also, not many people know what suffering is caused when Aids occurs. Imagine, waking up and knowing that you could die at any moment during the day. When you’ve finished reading my blog, I hope that you will know a bit more about the effect and impact of Aids on children.

Many children are either infected (in which they actually have Aids) or affected (caring for someone with Aids) by the disease. This could mean that the feel isolated and with no one to talk to that they feel understands their situation.  However, it could also mean that they could suffer from depression. The Children With Aids Charity (otherwise known as CWAC) strives to help these children to make the best of life as it goes through its ups and downs by providing respite, days out and transport for them. For example they do swimming days out and provide any type of transport to school or to the appointments that they may have with a doctor. The respite is especially helpful as it takes the children away from the stress of caring for someone with AIDS or being that someone by just having fun with other people that are in the same situation as them. The charity also helps around the world by giving money to charities in poorer countries to help them to give to their Aids victims.


Thank you so much again for reading my Blog. I hope you have learnt about the suffering that happens if you have Aids or are affected by it. Please post me your responses about the following questions- and help in any way possible For more information and donating details go to www.cwac.org. Donations would be gratefully received. Please help to give them the life that they can only dream about before their time runs up.
  1. Would you make a donation to CWAC?
  2. Start or join a fundraising campaign?
  3. Support CWAC in any way possible? If so please state ideas as they may be helpful.
  4. Tell your family and friends about CWAC and try to persuade them to help out in any of the ways above?
If you do post a response, please can you tell me where you come from e.g your home town and country (if not UK!)

Thank you
Tara

4 comments:

  1. 1. Yes i would
    2. I would join in
    3. Yes i would i would donate
    4. Yes

    Your blog has made me more aware xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I would now consider making a donation as I have never heard of the charity before and I feel that it is a good charity to support and help out in many different ways possible.
    2. I would consider starting a fundraising campaign
    3. Yes. Fundraising events, donations, telling family and friends.
    4. I would definately let as many people as possible know about the charity!
    Im from the UK! Devon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1)I would now consider making a donation
    2)I would consider starting/joining a fundraising campaign
    3)Yes I would probably consider donating
    4)I will try to let as many people know as I can
    xxx btw I'm from the UK :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your comments
      Please spread the word about CWAC!!!!

      Delete