A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Tuesday 21 June 2011

Witchcraft world war.


You can find out more about the image on the left at the below link!

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2010/07/19/number-of-children-accused-of-witchcraft-on-rise/

Thank you for taking valuable time to learn more about this distressing topic, witchcraft. I want to help you understand that this topic links in no way to the legends and funny stories of Halloween. No. It is all far too real.

My wish is to raise your awareness of this topic and gain your support, while giving you all the facts. So are you sitting comfortably? Then I’ll begin… Witchcraft comes from the old Christian religion and affects children and elders. It is where superstition rules the better judgement of villages and priest throughout the continuant of Africa. However it is one of those topics with no research or great awareness so when my research began I had great difficulty. The only true information I could find out was the signs of a witch and the great consequences that come with this title. An example of a sign is if you happen to go to an area that believes highly in witchcraft and you fall ill and cry… you are, in their eyes a witch. Now only death awaits you. My advocacy is to help raise money for SOS Children, one of the few charities that cover witchcraft. Although this is not there main issue it has become one for them. So why did I pick them? Because they were ONE OF THE ONLY charities I could find that supported my issue. The best way for you to get involved is to visit SOS children on the link below. But why bother?



SOS Children witchcraft- Google Search

• It would show us people did know about this topic
 It would play a great part in ending the death toll
 SOS children could save more kids like you and me
 Families can be reunited without fear
 A child could have the right to cry and not be slaughtered
 A young girl could fight poverty WITH a family

Witchcraft punishments are so horrific that I cannot mention them without risk of disturbing and upsetting you. Can you imagine going through something that can’t even be mentioned? All I can say is no matter what happened you would be left with a scar… physically and mentally. That is only if you were one of the few to actually survive. Please help me and SOS children by contacting them and leaving me comments! Please comment on:
 Have you ever heard of this issue?
 Do you feel more informed?
 Would you now be willing to support my pressure group and cause?
 Would you inform friends and family now?
 Would you in theory donate to my cause/pressure group?
Please leave the following information with any response or comment:
• Home town
• Not UK?- country
No child should be born to die; no child should be slaughtered in the name of religion. This should not be the result of a book…

19 comments:

  1. No, i havent heard of it before.
    Yes, although, where is this happening?
    Yes
    yes
    maybe.
    Newton Abbot

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of the issue but never in as great depth as this.

    I now feel a LOT more informed on the issue.

    I would definitely be willing to support this cause.

    Yes I would inform my friends and family.

    Yes, i believe this is definitely a worthy cause to donate to!

    Torquay, age 13

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for bringing this horrific issue to light. I have heard of the issue but not the charity. Yes I feel more informed and would support this cause through informing others and donating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. I had never heard of this issue before.
    2. I know feel greatly informed thanks to this blog.
    3. I would definately support this imnportant cause.
    4. I would inform everyone I know about this issue.
    5. I would donate as I think it is important that they stop their terrible actions.
    Tabitha, Torquay

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never really thought about this before. I think it is very good that you have brought it up.
    I haven't heard of this issue before
    Yes, I do feel much more informed
    I would be willing to support this cause
    I would inform family and friends as I think it is a worthy cause
    I would donate
    I am from Torquay

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wrong and should be stopped. I'm glad i'm more aware of this now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, its terrible that people can just kill people because of what they beleive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't heard of this subjet before
    I feel more informed,how can I help
    I will help
    I would to see what they think
    and I would donate
    I live in Torquay

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didnt know that witchcraft was realand think it sick and horrid
    yes its a good well informed bolg
    i would support
    i will inform familuu
    i will donate!
    i'm from torquay
    England

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have heard of this before.
    i feel moreinformed
    yes
    yes
    of course
    beth

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1) i had no idea that was still happening
    2) yes i do feel more informed
    3) i thought it only happened in the past
    4) i will tell EVERYONE
    5) i would donate
    6) i live in chudleigh

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1) I didn't know, but now I do I know why such an unknown problem like so,would be your choice of subject to write as your blog. In order to make a change for people suffering without any care.
    2) Defintly, as I didn't know anything before, your blog has ovbiously helped.
    3) Maybe.
    4) Yes defintly.
    5) A small donation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didnt know but i am so glad it has been raised!
    Yes your blog has made me feel more informed!
    YES!
    YES!
    Yes but not a huge one

    ReplyDelete
  14. no
    yes
    yes
    maybe
    maybe
    Torquay

    ReplyDelete
  15. No I didnt know about this issue
    I feel a lot more informed about this issue!
    YES
    YES
    Defintly

    ReplyDelete
  16. yes
    no
    no
    no
    no

    torquay

    ReplyDelete
  17. No I haven't heard of it before.
    Yeah loads
    Yeah
    Probably
    Maybe

    ReplyDelete
  18. no
    yes its very shocking
    yes
    yes
    yes

    ReplyDelete
  19. 1.I have heard about this issue but not of the charity.
    2.Yes, i feel more informed, it is awful what is happening to these children-and in the 21st century.
    3.Yes.
    4.Yes.
    5.Yes.

    Newton Abbot.

    ReplyDelete