A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Tuesday 21 June 2011

We must end the cruelty to Battery Hens Worldwide.


Hi my name is Fiona and I have written this blog to try and inform you about my cause, ‘ Battery Hens’and also what we can do to help stop this way of farming.. First of all I would like to thank you for visiting my blog on Tggsblogspot. I hope to make more people aware and raise awareness to encourage people to support this organisation. I would like to gain your support as it is important that we have as many people to support our campaigning as possible.

We must understand why this organisation’s work is so sad and what you can do to help.

You may be thinking what are they? Battery Hens are a type of Hen that have to live in very small cages and get a very horrible life, indoors permanently.
You should support this cause because:

• You may suffer from the chemicals within the eggs.
• The Hens have such bad lives.
• The farmers are gaining money for nothing good.

Above I have listed 3 reasons which should encourage you to do something to support the British Hen welfare trust. Below is a link that will take you to the BHWT for more detail: http://www.bhwt.org.uk/

The campaigners are doing well to encourage the stop but they do need our help. Again I would like to thank you for reading and taking an interest in our blog, It would also be very much appreciated if you could please take some time to post answers to a few questions for us.

 Did you know what Battery Hens were before reading this blog?
 Have I made you more aware of this Trust?
 Do you think you might support me in stopping this way of housing Hens maybe by signing a petition e.t.c.
 Would you tell your friends and family about Battery Hens and encourage them to support this organisation too?
 Have I changed your opinion about this issue, if yes please state why.

I would like to say Thank you again for visiting my Blog and for hopefully leaving comments. If I may ask you to leave a rough idea of your nearest town for me to see where the vast amount of my readers come from.

Thank you very much, Fiona.

7 comments:

  1. I didn't know before, but this blog was very helpful. I would really like to sign a petition. Just because they can't speak dosen't mean we can take advantage of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think battery farming is wrong. Chickens should be given the same amount of freedom as any other animal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a vague idea about battery hens before reading this post, but you have cirtanly made me a lot more aware, and of course i would love to sign a petition! I will cirtanly tell my friends and family (have just told my friend gemma who is sat next to me)about the issues! Very Good Blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1)Yes
    2)Definitly
    3)Definitly
    4)I already knew about battery hens and am a vegetarian but you definitly made me feel more aware about the issue and i also know know much more about the issue.
    Welldone! Great Blog
    Emie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learnt about battery cages in year eight and totally agree that it is wrong. I have already turned vegetarian as a result of learning about it but I never knew there was charity and I would be more than willing to donate. Thank you so much for spreading this information to other people. Good blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes,
    definatley,
    definatley,
    i already knew a little abot it but i think it is horrible and i didnt know the whole story! well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not know much about Battery Farming but I do now. this blog was very helpful and it is sad to knwo what they go through. I would consider joining petitions and campaigns and also rehoming a hen. I am going to stop buying battery hen eggs too.

    ReplyDelete