A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Tuesday 7 September 2010

We must do more to put a stop to cruelty to children

First of all I would like to thank you for showing an interest in and opening my blog. Putting a stop to cruelty to children is something I feel strongly about. A lot of people don’t seem to have heard of the NSPCC-(National Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Children)-so I am trying to gain more positive views on stopping child cruelty in the UK.

The NSPCC is a Voluntary Organisation that is working to fulfil their aims of putting an end to child cruelty. It has already got a large amount of advertisements that help to raise awareness of Child Cruelty, so I am trying to change people’s views on whether or not they should help raise money for the NSPCC. As it is a Voluntary Group, it relies on donations from the public. Monthly contributions start from a mere two pounds, which even though it sounds tiny, helps to pay for the right care for children.

I feel that to change your opinion of the NSPCC you should;
• Think about what changes YOU can make to help change this country into a better place
• Consider the feelings of the children who deserve to be treated right
• Finally think how it will make you feel knowing you perhaps, have changed a life

We all know the heartbreaking story of Baby P, and by contributing-whether in donations of time, effort or money-to the NSPCC WE can work to make sure this sort of cruelty is ended.

Thank you again for reading my blog. Please leave a comment letting me know what you think. As another great help, perhaps you could answer the questions below. More details on the NSPCC and helping it can be found at http://www.nspcc.org.uk/.

• Had you heard of the NSPCC before now?
• Do you feel more informed on how you can help the NSPCC?
• Would you now consider…
- Donating money to the NSPCC?
- Volunteering for the NSPCC?
- Start or join a fundraiser to aid the NSPCC?

Charlotte

32 comments:

  1. I think child cruelty is terrible. I have heard of the NSPCC, but your blog has given me more infromation. I will consider helping out the NSPCC, as it is a needy cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of the NSPCC before but your blog has given me some more information that i didn't know about before. I think that cruelty to children is wrong and your blog will encourage more people to donate some money to ther cause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, i have heard of the NSPCC and after reading this i know more things than before about the NSPCC. i have donated money to them before and i will do it again. your blog has made me realise that they are very nice people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard of the NSPCC before I read this, but I never really knew much about them and what they did. I think I would consider donating money to the NSPCC because I don't like child cruelty at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already thought that the nspcc was a good idea but after reading your blog I now know more things about the charity.I now strongly feel that i hsould donate some money as the nspcc does some extrodinary thing. I thing cruelty to children is horible and im sure your blog has made an impact on many people

    ReplyDelete
  6. Children don't diserve the brutality that they reciecve,look at baby peter for example, it's just sickening to think that anyone can harm a small child :|

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that child cruelty is horrible and should be stoped.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i agree with what you have posted and i think it is all true, you have made me really think about child cruelty and what it actually is,thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have heard of the Nspcc and i will deffinetly consider donating, i think child cruelty is devistaing and must be stopped! Thankyou for this blog i do feel more informed now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes i had heard of the NSPCC, I have learnt more about it now though, I have, previously donated money to the NSPCC through my primary school.
    Child cruelty is horrible, how could you do that to a child ?? :/

    ReplyDelete
  11. No I have not heard about it before but now I know a lot a bout it i would love to help as it is horrible and i can not watch the adverts on the tv fully as i get upset about some of the stories

    ReplyDelete
  12. Before reading this blog I had already heard of the NSPCC and my parents donate to them. Child cruelty is a horrible thing and I agree that charities for it are often not well-publicised. I would definitely consider volunteering and raising money if the chance came about, children are delicate and are the future of the human race so why do this to them?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree about stopping child cruelty and i think that more people should know about it and look into it as it might make a bigger impact. Its horrible how things can be done to children which nobody knows about til its too late...
    thanks for writin the blog, it might make more people understand about it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi
    I had heard of the NSPCC before adn I do feel more informed about how i can help the NSPCC a little more, I would definetly consider donating but I wouldn't be able to voulunteer for the NSPCC.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have heard of the NSPCC before and I now know more about how I can help! Now i would certainly consider donating or even volunteering!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it's really sad that some children have been treated so badly, and the stories of children who have been hurt or even killed are really upsetting. NSPCC are a good cause and i would supportit (:

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have heard of the NSPCC before and I do feel more informed on how I can help. I definetly will consider donating to the NSPCC as everyone deserves a chance at a safe, happy life.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think that the NSPCC is a really good organisation to be a part of i would really like to do something to help.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I believe that the work the NSPCC is fantastic organisation and i strongly agree that the issue is very serious i will seriously consider donating and even volunteering when im old enough!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, I had heard of the NSPCC, and I do feel a little more informed.
    I have just sponsered my sister for a fundraising event she is doing to raise money for this cause, so yes, I would.
    I wouldn't volunteer, however I would happily join a funraising event.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  21. 1) yes :)
    2) kinda but knew abit before your blog
    3)no
    4)no

    ReplyDelete
  22. An informative blog and would use the link provided to find out more about this organisation.

    ReplyDelete
  23. 1. I had heard of them (I did a sponsered spelling test to raise money).
    2. I knew a bit before reading the blog, but I still learned a bit.
    3. I would consider supporting them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yes I watched it and the presentation opened my eyes :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sopho Elizabeth Amos28 September 2010 at 14:47

    Today I watched a presentation by Charlotte on NSPCC. Before the presentation I have heard of the charity but never really got involved or understood it. Thanks for the information it has spurred me to help out!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. I wasn't really sure what the NSPCC really did until Charlotte gave the presentation in our lesson in South Devon College. Was well impressed on her presentation and how organized it was.

    Well Done =]

    ReplyDelete
  27. thank you for coming in to see us at college today :)

    i think you made many changed to many of minds in the classroom today :) well done and thank you for the infomation!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. I was shown a presentation by Charlotte today about the NSPCC, I had heard of the organisation before but never really knew what they did. Charlotte's presentation was very informative and I learnt a lot. I now would like to do more to stop cruelty to children and would like to thank you for showing me about this brilliant organisation.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Charlotte showed a presentation to our year group today. Charlotte articulated clearly and informatively her thorough research on the NSPCC. Very well done as I am now more aware of the role and the aim of the NSPCC and the results they are continuing to achieve.
    All the best, MG

    ReplyDelete
  30. I totally loved the pretension that you gave today i never really knew what this company did for thw rold and you have opened up my eye
    very well done to you keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for all your comments guys :) this really help :)
    charlie x

    ReplyDelete
  32. hi, i'm from devon and i have heard of the NSPCC before. however this is only because of a few adverts i used to see on TV.
    Now, after looking at your Blog, i definitely feel lots more informed!
    i wouldn't donate to the NSPCC, but that's only because i am a student in full time education and therefore i barely have enough spare cash anyway! i would volunteer in holiday time and i would defo get myself and my friends involved in a fundraiser too.
    good luck, your doing brilliantly!
    :D x

    ReplyDelete