A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Tuesday 7 September 2010

We should all support Bovey Climate Action


Hi,
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. As we all know Climate change is happening worldwide and is destroying animals and habitats, plants, our oceans and land everywhere. Bovey Climate Action is a small group set up to “educate, encourage and enable people to combat climate change”. They believe that small changes on a local basis really can make a difference.

They do this in many ways, one of which is by holding campaigns. They have already made Bovey Tracey plastic bag free and aspire to do much more in the future. They also own a community garden, were anyone can go and help and they then sell the produce to raise money.

Recently, they have provided Bovey Tracey Swimming pool with a solar panel, which will help warm the water (it is an outside heated pool). With the money that the BTSPA (Bovey Tracey Swimming Pool Association.) have saved from not paying to warm as much water up, they were able to replace the slabs around the outside of the pool, and after the season ends will be able to re-vamp the spectators’ area and make it a lot more family friendly.

These are only a couple of examples of the work carried out to date by Bovey Climate Action. I feel that they do not get nearly enough recognition for the important issues they tackle.

Thank you for taking your time to read my blog. Please read the questions below and leave me a message! For more information please visit www.boveyclimateaction.co.uk

Before you read my blog, were you unaware, against, or aware of Bovey Climate Action? What about now? Would you be willing to help Bovey Climate Action in any way? (Farmers market, community garden, leaflet distribution etc.)

Thank you again, Bethany

11 comments:

  1. Hi Bethany,
    I was really interested to read your blog. Prior to reading this I was totally unaware of Bovey Climate Action Group.
    Although I had heard Bovey Tracey was a plastic bag free town, which I think is admirable and believe more towns etc should follow their lead, I wasn't aware of who was responsible for setting this in motion. Small changes by everyone do make a difference!...like the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle that together create a bigger picture.
    I'm not in a position to help BCA as I live in another town, but I do support what they are doing, and would like to encourage the same values and atitude in my own town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello bethany,
    i agree about supporting Bovey tracey climate action
    thanks for writing the blog :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi beth, before i had no idea about the bovey climate action and i'm now much more informed. Yes i would be willing to support Bovey Climate action if i got the chance, however i doesnt affect me that much as i live along way from bovey tracey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bethany!!! :) I wasn't really aware of Bovey Climate Action before reading this blog. Now I fully support it and would be willing to help however I do live in another town but it is quite close. It's a great organisation and shoulddefinetly get more credit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was aware of it before, but I completely agree with it's aims I think all climate action groups are great and I believe strongly in them. I would gladly support them. Climate change is a very important issue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello Beth!!
    I wasn't really aware of the Bovey Climate Action before. i will now fully support it.
    Kelly & Em 9R

    ReplyDelete
  7. i was not aware before and now i do thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have found out alot more now

    ReplyDelete
  9. i was aware before, but know i am even more aware

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi
    i wasn't aware of Bca before, but now would defintly support them great blog:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey beth, before i read ur blog i knew very little about bca, but now i feel very well informed. I will definatly support the bca at a l8r d8 x

    ReplyDelete