A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Tuesday 21 June 2011

Puppy farming ends here and now!


Hi my name is Lauren, thank you very much for reading my blog. My pressure group is the RSPCA as you might already know it’s a worldwide animal trust organisation that helps injured and abandoned animals. You might not know that they also help puppies from puppy farms. I feel very strongly against puppy farming so for my GCSE citizenship advocacy I have decided to make people more aware this. Hopefully after reading my blog you will know more about puppy farming and what you can do to end it.

The photo on the left shows a puppy farm in West Sussex, at the farm they were keeping 204 Yorkshire terrier puppies in a very small amount of space. As you can see in the photo the puppies and dogs were kept in horrible conditions, the floor was covered in newspaper 12 inches deep which was all stuck together with faeces and urine!!! Roughly 100 of the dogs were running loose and the others were locked in plastic carry baskets some of the baskets were just more layers of hard newspaper. The dogs were just kept in awful conditions and were neglected beyond belief.

After the owner of this disgraceful scam sadly died the RSPCA were phoned and they sent their troops in to investigate. When all of the dogs were taken to safety they were re-homed and kept in pristine condition, the photo on the right shows what the dogs look like now in their new homes.

Without the support of generous donations and volunteers the RSPCA wouldn’t be able to help these puppies and dogs that have been wrongly treated. You can help by donating some money to the RSPCA fund, volunteering to be one of the amazing people that helps these poor animals or you can help to campaign against puppy farming.
Thank you again for reading my blog and I really hope you feel more informed about puppy farming.

11 comments:

  1. Well done. If more people knew about the plight of these poor animals, perhaps it could be stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a dog and would hate to think it was brought up like this. I totally agree with what you are doing and it is a really good charity you are supporting.
    Good Luck with your campaign!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great blog it should be better publisiced on rspca website

    ReplyDelete
  4. The feeling of thinking about those poor defensless puppies just being kept in that state make me wretch...
    Thought the info and before and after photos were great though, oh, and saying that the horrible person who kept the puppies in that horrible state "SADLY died" makes no sense if they were horrid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. im really hrrified to see such a thin happening to dogs around us and i would ahte to think my dog was brought up like that

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am horrified at the first photo of the dogs in a messy state but i am delighted to see one dog in top format. I have found it very useful and would like to stop it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lauren,
    I could not agree more. It is an absolute disgrace that animals are being kept in such terrible conditions. i am totally against over breeding as it is cruel to both the puppies and their poor, exhausted mothers,
    keep up the good work in bringing this to the attention of the public.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree whole heartedly with your blog Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree whole heartedly with your blog Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hadnt heard of 'puppy farming' before now. Shocked and appalled and glad someone has brought it to my attention so I can inform others. WEll DONE Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing Blog!!!!!!! I know you posted this a while ago but it is really good and I should hate to think of anyone mistreating puppies!!!! They are sooooo cute and adorable and I am appalled and shocked that people still puppy farm!!!!! Thx Lauren!!!!!

    ReplyDelete