A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Tuesday 21 June 2011

Sunsmart

We should make people more aware of the dangers of Skin Cancer.
Hello, my name is Molly and I think that everyone should be more aware of Skin Cancer.

Sun Smart is a pressure group which helps raise awareness of Skin Cancer and raises money for the Cancer Research campaign. It is the UK’s national skin cancer prevention Campaign and provides evidence based information about Skin Cancer and what the sun does to us.

On the website www.sunsmart.co.uk you’ll find advice and the best way to look after your skin. It also gives you fundraising ideas if you decide to believe in this topic with me. It provides facts and top tips which I find very useful indeed. I recommend you to take a look at the website and maybe leave a message and definitely tell your friends about it. My overall view of the website is that it has very easy to learn information and how to stay safe in the sun.

I’m sure you wouldn’t want a life threatening disease and be covered in all sorts of horrible bruises and spots, and I’m sure you wouldn’t want to see it on anyone else especially those that you care about.

If you raise money you could help doctors discover more and more information about this deadly disease to try and produce some cures and prevention tablets or injections.

These are facts which I would like you to have a think about:

• Skin Cancer is the most common cancer in the UK

• 10,670 people were diagnosed with melanoma one of the most deadly types of
Skin Cancer in 2007 in the UK only.

• Sun Beds are the most common cause of Skin Cancer.

• Using a Sun Bed at least 3 times a year can increase the risks of getting
skin cancer.





Thank you so much for taking your time to read my blog and I hope that you will take interest in this serious topic and would help me by answering the questions below;

1. Have I made you more aware of this topic?

2. Have I changed your thoughts about your topic?

3. Would you be willing to do some fundraising of your own?



Please could you tell me your home town and the Country that you live in?



Thank you,

Molly

1 comment:

  1. 1. Yes, I understood about the dangers of sunbeds and the risks and understood a little about skin cancer but your blog and the website have definitely made me more informed.
    2. Yes, you have made me think more seriously about this issue due to the facts and figures you stated.
    3. I would love to do some sort of fund raising
    for this particular issue.

    Ellie [9B]
    Devon, England
    Please may you check out my blog, 'Paws for thought'?
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete