A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Wednesday 22 June 2011

Cat’astrophe!

Thank you very much for taking an interest in my citizenship blog which focuses on the topic of abandoned and neglected cats. I am trying to raise the awareness of the public and my family and friends. The charity I have chosen to advocate for is The Blue Cross which is a registered charity run by volunteers and completely funded by donations, cat adoption fees and fund raising events. Also people sometimes bring them in as they can’t handle the cat anymore.

The blue cross has to buy food for many cats and then keep them entertained, this means paying for more staff. Does the thought of helpless animals being left, malnourished on the streets, often treated cruelly and beaten upset you? Imagine how the animal feels, they are going through all of this and need your help. Does it make you angry when you see pictures of malnourished cats like the one above? Would you like to help put a stop to animals like this suffering further? Are you a cat lover who doesn’t understand how loving pets could be abandoned to fend on their own?

The Blue Cross are currently fund raising and need more money to finance their work in proactively finding abandoned and stray cats, returning them to good health and finding them loving homes. The number of cats brought in to the Blue Cross centres by their owners is also on the increase because people cannot afford to care for them in these trying financial times are on the increase as well. We will never turn a cat away. As the number of cat’s increases, so do the food and accommodation costs as well as the day to day running costs of the centres, so it is vital that people, who care, like you, get involved in fund raising projects. The organisation is staffed by cat lovers from all walks of life and any help you could give would be appreciated. If you want to do something, why not volunteer. Go to the blue cross web site for details. If you are unable to help with your time then please donate to the charity as much as you can and help us to help more distressed and abandoned pets. Please answer my questionnaire and give feedback; any comments will be much appreciated. Thank you once again for choosing to read my blog I hope I have taught you more. It would be helpful if you could please state the country & town that you live in if not in the UK and post a brief comment to the questions below.

 Had you heard of the Blue Cross before you read my blog?
 Would you be willing to donate after reading this?
 Would you spread the word and tell other people about the Blue Cross?

I’m very grateful for you visiting my blog thank you from Lucy.

8 comments:

  1. I had heard of the blue cross but not as in much detail as this!

    I would be willing to donate to this cause.

    Yes, i would definitely spread the word!

    This was a great blog!!! Definitely worth reading!!!

    Essex, age 13

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    This is a great blog!
    I had heard of the Blue Cross before but you explained really well and now I have a good idea about what they do to help. I would definitly be willing to donate to this cause and will spread the word to friends and family!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have three cats, and they are well looked after, but once when we went away, one of them was shut out. She went without food,and only water from the toilet. This had an extremely bad effect on her, and I can imagine if this went on forever!
    I had heard of the Blue Cross, but not in detail.
    I love cats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freddie Clark and Harry Ashworth25 November 2011 at 14:18

    Hey!
    yes i had although not very much, now i know much more! I would because one of my cats was from the blue cross and i would deffinately donate to them! Deffinately! Great blog. loveyoulots <33 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heyy
    This is an amazing blog!!
    -yes
    -yes
    -yes
    chloe :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't heard of the blue cross, I would donate, and I would spread the word. Even though I hate cats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heyy
    This is an amazing blog!!
    -yes
    -yes
    -yes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had heard of the blue cross but not as in much detail as this!

    I would be willing to donate to this cause.

    Yes, i would definitely spread the word!

    This was a great blog!!! Definitely worth reading!!!

    ReplyDelete