A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Wednesday 22 June 2011

Arthritis Research UK needs your support


Thank you for taking time to read my blog about the charity Arthritis Research UK. Arthritis Research UK is a charity that helps people suffering from the disease arthritis that affects the joints by inflaming them, wearing them away, making the bone brittle and causing the victim a lot of pain and discomfort that can affect their day to day life and their future. It can make the simplest things that we take for granted such as switching things on and using appliances a struggle and a pain to do. Some people think that it is only elderly people that can suffer from arthritis but actually anyone can be affected.

There are many symptoms of Arthritis, these are just a few:

• Pain when walking
• Stiffness of joints
• Difficulty in moving
• Joint tenderness
• Inflammation around the joints
• Limited range of movement in your joints
• Weakness and muscle wasting
• Joints appearing larger than normal
• Grating or crackling sound/ sensation in joints when moving

Every different type of arthritis, Arthritis Research UK provides help for.

Arthritis Research UK is a very helpful charity to people suffering as it provides support and help for those suffering, the help they provide can range from different treatments to drugs and medicines, the charity does this by funding high class research in labs across the uk so they can provide people with the care they need to at least take some of the pain out of arthritis make it easier to live. The charity also provides information for sufferers and campaigns for them. Without money and support Arthritis research UK cannot provide these resources for people.

Thank you again for taking time to read my blog; it would be much appreciated if you could take some time to answer some of these questions, If you do post a response please can you tell me where you came from i.e. your home town and country (if not UK).

• Had you heard of Arthritis Research UK before reading this blog?
• Do you feel well informed about this cause?
• Would you be prepared to donate money or join in a fundraising event to help this charity?
• Would you tell friends and family about this cause and encourage them to donate?

Thank you once again, Daisy

If you would like to contact Arthritis Research UK visit: http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/

11 comments:

  1. 1. Yes but I didn't know very much about it.
    2. Yes the blog was very informative.
    3. Yes because the chairty sounds very helpful and numerous people in my family have arthritis.
    4. Yes because as I said above,people in my family have it and would be willing to donate.

    Your blogs really good ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm from Newton Abbot. Yes, I have heard of Arthritis Research UK and the valuable work they do. Would it be worth mentioning juvenile arthritis? I will certainly join in with your fundraising events - where do you publicise these? Yes, I will tell my friends and family. Well done, a worthy cause to support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am from Exeter and, yes, I had heard about Arthritis Research UK. However, I think your blog is excellent and provides a lot of additional information both for the informed and uninformed. I would be very willing to make a donation, sponsor something you plan to do or participate in a fundraising even, at the same time trying to get friends also involved. Well done for bringing this worthy cause to the attention of so many people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am from Newton Abbot and I have heard of Arthritis Research UK. I know of a support group for arthritis suffers that meet the first Wednesday of each month at a local church hall. One of which I attended with my mother who is a sufferer. I have read articles about women who have gone through the menopause who are affected by Osteoarthritis which make their bones brittle and cause broken bones after a minor fall. I am a great supporter of many causes and this would be one of them. Carry on the good work your blog has made me think about the importance of this very worthwhile organisation. B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Daisy an excellent blog. We had heard of Arthritis Research UK but are now better informed about what it is and what they do in funding research. It is something you are only fully aware of when it happens to you, your family or friends. We are willing to support research into relieving this debilitating disease. Two Newton Abbot pensioners.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I had heard about Arthritis Research UK as my mother and mother-in-law are both sufferers. There are so many charities to support these days but your very informative blog has brought my attention back to this worthwhile cause. I will certainly tell my family and friends as it has made me consider donating! Thanks - B

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. No
    2. Yes it's a very good blog and very informative
    3. Maby
    4. No

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am from West Sussex and have found your blog extremely useful. I have heard of Arthritis Research UK as my Mother, my Father-in-Law and more recently diagnosed, my husband, suffers from it. It's a debilitating condition and one that can affect people of all ages although the common preconception is that it affects the "older" generation. I would certainly spread the word of the organisation to family, friends and colleagues and indeed support charitable events. Thank you, Daisy, for taking the time and enthusiasm to support such a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am from dawlish, devon. I had not previosly heard of the charity, however my mum has arthritis and the research the charity has done has proberly helped her walk without all the pain she had before, shes not cured but aleast shes not bedridden. I found your blog informative and i would be willing to give money.

    ReplyDelete
  10. • Yes, although i didnt know very much information about it.
    • Yes, i feel very informed.
    • Yes.
    • Definately.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My nan has arthritis and i think it is definetly a good cause to support as arthritis can get very serious such as not being able to walk. My nan has it mainly in her hands, so it isnt as bad as some people have it, but i have seen the ways it affects her and would consider giving money

    ReplyDelete