A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Wednesday 22 June 2011

We should save the animals - they can’t save themselves

Hello, viewer you will today witness an amazing feat of a dog tightrope walking, actually no as this is wrong and is what my charity, Animal Aid, is trying to stop. Anywaay …Thank you for taking interest in my blog. Looking after animals (no matter what they are) is extremely important to me. Many people think “It doesn’t harm my pets, so why should I care!”, but it does matter, if we don’t do something about this now many wild animals could be driven to extinction and animal cruelty will still be in practice in the future. Something has to be done now to change this picture: My charity, Animal Aid, has been helping animals for many years now and after over 15 successful campaigns I think they need more publicity, as they are not as well known as other campaigns like WWF and the RSPCA who are rather well known animal rights campaigns but do a similar job as my charity. My charity has been helping with many major campaigns, like animal testing and to ban hunting. At the moment they are campaigning to put security cameras in slaughter houses. So far eight big supermarkets have agreed, and the videos they have recorded are gruesome with so much violence even to protected animals ! I think you should support my charity for the animals; there are many ways you can do this such as:

• Order products from the Animal Aid website you could buy a gift for a birthday(address included at the bottom of this post)
• Order a pack of purple poppies or even just one for yourself (for one poppy it is 150p but all the money goes to support these poor animals and when you wear the poppy you are also remembering the animals who die in war.)
• By a vegetarian or vegan (or you can do something like meat free Monday)
• Getting monthly emails on Animal Aid’s current campaigns
• Ordering a free “get active “ pack from the website

BEFORE you just turn your eyes away from the screen and go completely forget about Animal Aid please can you leave a comment, I would be extremely grateful if you could please answer the following questions?

1. Had you heard of Animal Aid before you read my blog?
2. Would you now support Animal Aid or make a donation?
3. Would you tell your friends and family (and your pets) about Animal Aid?
4. Have I changed your opinion or attitude to this issue and how if I have?
5. Do you now know more about Animal Aid?
6. Just out of interest which countries do you live in it would be interesting to know.

Thank you for reading, I am so grateful you have, if you need more information please visit the Animal Aid website (http://animalaid.org.uk/ ).
Maria

18 comments:

  1. Hi Maria! I thought your blog was very well written, with lots of information about your cause and what I could do! You are obviously very passionate!
    In response to your questions:
    1) A little bit but as you said it's not as well known as other campaigns.
    2) Yes, I would - and maybe make a donation
    3) Yes definitely!
    4) I already am against animal cruelty however you have strengthened my view
    5) Yes I think you have been very informative
    6) England
    Well done on your blog and good luck in your Citizenship! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Sort of
    2. Yes!
    3. Yes
    4. No, I have and will always be concerned about when animals are being hurt/harmed in anyway because I love animals and have some myself.
    5. Yes
    6. England
    Just to say, I am going to do my coursework on animal cruelty so this was really interesting to read and helpful! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. No
    2. Yes
    3. Yes
    4. No as I'm alread against creulty to animals
    5. Yes
    6. England

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1 yes
    2 yes
    3 yes
    4 yes
    5
    yes
    6 England

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1 no
    2 yes
    3 yes
    4 yes
    5 yes
    6 England

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1 no
    2 yes
    3 yes
    4 yes
    5 yes
    6 England

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1 no
    2 yes
    3 yes
    4 yes
    5 yes
    6 England

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Maria.Lovely blog.Easy to see a lot of thought,research,and time assembling for presentation.Excellent job.It is nice to see a young lady involved with a project such as this.Wish you with best in your citizenship.If you continue to excel like this you are guaranteed a great future.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1 yes
    2 yes
    3 yes
    4 yes
    5 yes
    6 England

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Maria, I live in the US. I enjoyed your blog. Love my critters!!! Out cat actually saved us. She woke us up when our house caught fire. WE all got out OK and the fire dept as alerted in time to save the house!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. No
    2. I would if I could.
    3. Yes
    4. I felt the same way so no.
    5. Yes
    6. USA

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Maria! I'm happy to see someone from your generation being active in any charitable cause, especially one such as this that doesn't get as much attention as it should!
    1. No, I'd never heard of Animal Aid.
    2. Yes, I would support, and maybe donate.
    3. Yes!
    4. You have changed my attitude a bit because now I realize that we can't be silent or just sit back and let things continue on as they are.
    5. Yes, and you've provided a link for more info!
    6. I live in the United States :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice to see a young person with such caring. Animals are beautiful and are here for us to love and take care of.

    Enjoyed your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Maria

    1. No
    2. Yes I would support the charity but probably not financially at this point without some more information about how it runs.
    3. Yes
    4. Not really as already against animall cruelty but good to be reminded and awareness raised.
    5. Malaysia

    Good luck ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1 No
    2 Yes
    3 Yes
    4 Yes
    5 Yes
    6 England

    ReplyDelete
  16. very refreshing to see a young lady concerned with something other than themselves, keep up the good work,
    1 no
    2 possibly
    3 possibly
    4 no, ( we already love animals)
    5 yes
    6 United States of America

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful blog dear!! very well done!! :)
    here are the answers to your questions:
    1. no
    2. yes
    3. yes
    4. always have been very against animal cruelty of all kind!!!
    5. yes :)
    6. USA (GA)

    ReplyDelete
  18. 1. No
    2. Yes
    3. Yes
    4. No, always been against animal cruelty
    5. Yes
    6. Wales

    ReplyDelete