A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Friday 17 June 2011

Don't let the animals feel the BLUEs!



Hello! Thank you for taking the time to read my blog about my pressure group, the Blue Cross. For those of you who don’t know, the Blue Cross is a UK- based charity that re-homes animals that have been abandoned or their owners can’t look after them anymore. They also provide treatment for pets whose owners can’t afford the cost of vet’s fees. My aim is to raise awareness of this wonderful charity and encourage you to support their cause.
The Blue Cross rescues and takes in thousands of animals every year. Some pets are taken in feeling traumatised by their previous life and abandonment that they require treatment to cure them. Others are simply given to the Blue Cross as their owners can’t look after them anymore. One example of an abandoned pet is Basil the puppy. He was found cowering under a bush and whimpering by a person walking her dogs. On a closer look, the dog owner discovered that Basil had a shoelace tightly tied around his neck, causing a badly infected gash. Luckily, he was taken to the Blue Cross Burford adoption centre where he was given treatment and TLC. Basil is now happy and healthy again. Without the Blue Cross, Basil might have died from his injuries.

With YOUR support, they can:

• Treat more pets with diseases.
• Built more shelters and clinics for pets.
• Take in more abandoned or homeless pets.
• Find more homes for pets.

I hope you will support me and my advocacy. Now would you please take some time to answer my questions? Please include your home town/country (if not UK).

1. Do you feel more informed after reading my post?
2. Would you like to find out more about the Blue Cross by going to their website www.bluecross.org.uk?
3. Will you now support my campaign by telling friends and family or making a donation?

Thank you. Jenifer

8 comments:

  1. 1. Yes I hadn't heard of blue cross before.
    2. Not sure, maybe.
    3. I might tell friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No i havent heard of blue cross before
    yes i will research
    i might tell friends and family but i will have to research this case before giving any donation
    Thans great blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1- Yes .I had to give my horse to the Blue Cross after it developed a head shaking problem. I am happy it went to a good home though...
    2-Probably yes, if I had spare time...
    3-Probs Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not heard of blue cross before but yopu have made me aware of it. It seems that they do a similar to RSPCA? I feel very sorry for basil i hope he finds a happy home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1.Yes I have heard about the Blue Cross before.
    2.I am not sure but probably yes.
    3.Yes definitely.
    This is a GREAT blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Yes, I did know a bit though because I have two kittens from the Blue Cross.
    2. Yes
    3. Yes of course I will tell my friends and family, and I have already donated eighty pounds when I brought my two kittens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had heard of the blue cross before (got my cat from there), and yes, I go on the blue cross website quite a lot looking for anothe cat or kitten to adopt since my cat died. I am always interested in donating, and will probsbly show this blog to people if i have the chance, to pursuade them to donate. Very Good Blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a good and informative blog. It has taught me new things!

    ReplyDelete