A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Wednesday 22 June 2011

Cancer Research UK; Support is Hope

Thank you for taking the time to open my blog. By reading it, I hope that you will gain a better understanding of my chosen charity’s importance and realise how much Cancer affects people.

Cancer Research UK is one of the most important charities in the UK, due to their outstanding work amongst seriously ill people. But they need your support to carry on. Since being founded in February 2002, they have introduced many new treatments, diagnosis and preventions for cancer-without their work, thousands would have lost their lives. But they wouldn’t have been able to carry out this research and bring happiness to so many families around the UK without the support they gained from the public. However, every day there are still hundreds of people dying from cancer.
So, if you want to give Cancer Research the ability to…

-Introduce new treatments and possibly cures for cancer
-Provide the equipment needed to perform important surgeries
-Higher the cancer survival rates
-Save the lives of thousands of people every year
-Give somebody the chance to live a normal life again

Then please give a small amount of your time or money, and it could help so much and make that needed difference.

Supporting a charity like Cancer Research UK is extremely important, and there is more than one way of doing it. Here are some examples of how to help continue their hard work, such as:

-Races for life
-Musical events
-Day activities
-Buying products from their website
-Donating money on their website
-Raising money and sending it to Cancer Research UK
-Buying items from shops who support Cancer Research UK

These are just a few ways that you can support this charity. To find more opportunities to help, log on to their website. By doing this, you can save people like Sara Williams.
http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/

Sara Williams’ is a cancer patient from Wrexham. It was what seemed to be a normal day when she was diagnosed with breast cancer. She said that her whole world collapsed when she found out. At the time she was 40 years old and had two young children. Luckily, she was at an early stage so the cancerous tumour was removed and she didn’t need chemotherapy. She still has appointments to go to, to check that the cancer hasn’t come back, but she can now live a normal life again. Without the money given by Cancer Research UK, the equipment and resources used to diagnose her and remove the tumour may not have been provided. It was all down to the public to raise the money, without their help, Sara may not have survived.

Before you close my blog, could you possibly post a comment including the answers to the following questions? Please could you also state where you live in your comment? I.e. your home town and country (if not the UK)

• Do you feel that my blog has informed you more about what Cancer Research UK do and how they are important?
• Would you talk to friends and family about Cancer Research UK and how you can make a difference?
• Would you now be willing to support Cancer Research UK by donating your time or money?

1. Make monthly donations to Cancer Research UK
2. Take part in a fundraising event(s)
3. Sign up on their website to receive more information
4. Inform others about this charity

Thank you again for taking the time to read my blog,
Ebony

6 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Well done, this blog is really informative and I'm glad I found it when researching for my own project. I have learnt what Cancer Research really does; the adverts that we all see on the T.V. only make me want to donate money, and after reading this I know that I will now. Fortunately I haven't had cancer effect myself or a family member or friend, but I have realised what it can do to lives.This is a worthwhile cause and I'm glad I now share your views!
    Thank you again, and I am from the UK by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    This is a really good blog and I learnt a lot about it. I will talk to friends and family about this charity and we will hopefully make a donation to help it. I probably won't sign up to the website but as I said previously I will definitly make a donation.
    Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great blog and i learnt lots about cancer research.You have shown me how to help and now I will! Well done on your fab blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello
    This blog is brilliant and really informative
    It has inspired me to help in any possible way.
    it also showed me th effects and i will take a more active role into the charity :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey!This is a really good blog! I've learnt loads from this as it was very informative. It showed me and informed me about what cancer can do. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Make monthly donations to Cancer Research UK......Yes I would:)
    2. Take part in a fundraising event(s)........Definitelyy!
    3. Sign up on their website to receive more information......Yeah you've made me want to know more:)
    4. Inform others about this charity.....any day:)

    ReplyDelete