A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Tuesday 21 June 2011

The RNLI stop people from losing their lives, not without us!

Hello my name is Connie, Thank you for opening my blog and deciding to read it. The Royal National Lifeboat Institution want your help and money to make the UK’s seas a more safer place knowing that the RNLI are here to help. The RNLI save many lives every year along the coast of the United Kingdom and they rely on our money and donations to carry on working at such a professional pace.

 The RNLI save so many lives every year but as they are a charity they mainly rely on our money and donations to have such a courageous aim.
 The people who work for the RNLI are only volunteers, they work by the amount of support that people give them, and by doing this blog I hope that you will help support them.
 The RNLI save lives at see no matter what time of the day it is or what time of the year it is. Their aim is to gain support so that the charity can run with smooth operations.

People every year are saved by the RNLI, and by writing this blog i am trying to gain support from others to help and support the RNLI. As you can see from the image below that the RNLI can sometimes be a daunting job. But at the end of the day the team and volunteers enjoy doing it to save the lives of the UK. And I’m sure that we all value the job they are performing.



Thanks again for reading my blog, I really appreciate it. I now ask you if you would kindly post a response about your thoughts and ideas for this charity. For further details about my charity that I’m currently working with please visit the RNLI website http://www.rnli.org.uk/ on this website you will find out more about what the RNLI do, why they do and, and most important of all, how to get your donations.
If you choose to post a response about my blog please may you also include your hometown and country that you are from or are currently living in.

Please may you answer these following short questions:
1. Since reading my Blog will you now choose to support the RNLI, by perhaps making a small donation or telling friends and family about their work
2. Do you now believe that the RNLI is an important charity? Or did you already before reading my blog?
3. Will you donate money to the RNLI if you had the chance?

3 comments:

  1. I believe that the R.N.L.I is a very important charity worth supporting and I always have done. However after reading your blog I now realise just how important it really is and that we need to support it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you made some very valid points in this blog it was really good and has deffinetly made me be even more supportive towards the R.N.L.I

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. yes, I support the RNLI and what they do, i have supported them by buying cards and keyrings etc. from their shop and I've several small donations.
    2.I already thought that the RNLI was important but after reading your blog I've realized just HOW important they are.
    3. I have donated and i will donate ahain.

    ReplyDelete