A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Tuesday 21 June 2011

Unwanted pets and animals get a good life

Bandit the goat!


Animals in Distress, Ipplepen, south West, England.

Thank you for showing an interest in my blog! In this blog, I am trying to gain awareness of the charity Animal’s in Distress. This charity is a really great charity that helps unwanted domestic animals, by having a safe home, love, care, attention, food, medicine, health treatment, exercise and hopefully for lots of them – new loving homes.

The charity will take in many animals; anything from a bird to a donkey! They will help the animals best they can and offer them a supportive home. And although this really is a great place for animals – not all of them will find new homes, mainly because of the animal’s nature and whether it’s being suitable for a family home. But – although they might not have a secure home in the future, they will be cared for very, very well at the centre in Ipplepen, Devon. A lot of animals would be in an unhappy home, or maybe even homeless now, well; Animals in Distress doesn’t put a healthy animal down, they really try to help them best they can with all the ways said and give them REAL care. If the animals are sick, then they still won’t put him down, unless advised by a proper vet.

So, this charity is very important for so many reasons, but where will you actually find them? As I have said, the main centre is in Ipplepen, but there are charity shops all over the south west and the main head quarters in Babbacome, Torquay; Not only are there these places, but when they hold the regular events, there will be people there to give you more information. If you wanted to find out about the charity in even more detail, then please visit their website – www.animalsindistress.uk.com

We should help the animals in distress charity as, the charity relies purely on money from the public, so if people like you were not giving money, then the charity would not be here today. They gain money from : charity shops, donations and events that they hold in their centre – money raised by you, is everything, so you should support this charity so much, and if you believe in a better place for all animals, then please either sign a petition, visit the centre or take part in their events.

So, had you heard of this Charity before and if not, do you feel more informed after reading it? Will you maybe help them if you feel very strongly about this charity too? You could:

· make a donation to them,


· Sponsor an animal (like Bandit!)


· go to the charity shops,


· go to the events or anything, and also


· You could tell your friends and family about it!

Make this charity more heard of – you can help do this! Please leave could you leave your name, home and country, but most importantly your comments. I would really appreciate this and it would help me to help them even more. Thank you for reading and I really hope I have either changed your opinion, made you more aware or at least let you know about what is happening to some domestic animals in the South west. So – do you now know more about this charity, and are you willing to support them by the ways above.

Thanks once again for reading, Carly.


28 comments:

  1. Wow ! What a wonderful blog:D
    I would probably make a donation!
    I would DEFINATELY sponsor an animal:D
    I dont normally visit charity shops but now I would definately buying something from there just to help support the Great charity.
    I may go to an event it just depends if it gets enough publicity that i manage to find out about it!
    I will tell all my friends and family about this great cause:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. -i would probably make a donation.
    -don't normally visit charity shops although sometimes i do.
    -i don't normally go to events

    -but i don't like it when owners hurt their animals or leave them outside in the rain, they wouldn't like it if we did that to them so why do it to animals?!

    yes i will tell family :)
    hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this to be a very informative blog , we would certainly use the shops and may well attend an event ( I guess they will be well publicised on the web site ? ) I wish you the very best in your 'mission' as I completely agree with your sentiments , T.C

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great choice of charity!
    I would probably make a donation
    Definately sponsor an animal
    Visit a charity shop
    Certainly go to a event
    DEFINATELY tell my friends and family about this,
    Hope this helped xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blog was very good, there were lots of things i didnt know. I would be prepared to attend an event depending on what it is though. I don't really go to charity shops, but i occasionally donate to them (things like clothes, not money). I would be more likely to adopt an animal than sponser it i think though. I would tell my family and friends, though they do all know about it already though :) I don't know if i would donate that much, but i would give a small amount, simply as there are SO many worthwhile charities. I hope that this helps, and good luck with your GCSE! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had heard of this charity before but I now feel much more informed about it. I will definitley tell my friends and family about the cause and poossibly donate in the future as i feel very strongly about it too:Dxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard of the chairty as it is in my village and have been there a couple of times! i would consider donating but definitly supporting it at fundraising events! my family knows about this cause but i will try telling more people:D!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have heard of this charity before and would be very interested in helping them in any way that I can.I think this is a very informative and interesting blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have to say, "what a great blog". It is a sad fact that so many animals in this country and indeed all around the world suffer due to the human race !!! It is so refreshing to read of a animal welfare place that truely cares. I already sponsor a dog with the charity "Dogs trust" and make a regular monthly donation, but having read your excellent presentation i will be visiting their web site and making a donation. Many congratulations for giving such a well presented and informative write up and i wish you and Animals in distress a good and happy future x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had not heard of this charity but after reading this heart touching blog I will certianly be going to the website and making a donation, well done for making people aware of what is happening to these animals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a very pursuasive blog, and has deffinately raised my awareness on animals in distress, i will deffinately check it out and donate some money!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOAH IT'S CHARLOTTE17 September 2011 at 21:07

    Obviously I've heard of this charity as well, seeing as it's in my village ;) This is really good though Carly :) It's actually really interesting, I never knew even like half of this stuff :') I've been there loads of times and donated money, but I'll try and donate even more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally agree :) would sponsor an animal anyday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i think this web page is really good, it gives you lots of information about the charity. i have heard of this charity before but didnt know much about it and nlow i know alot more. in the future i will deffernatly try and help animals in desress alot more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hadnt heard of this charity before:/ But now i have!:D I would make a donation yes and tell my famiy about it! This is a fantastic blog!
    <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have heard of this charity before but i do now feel more informed. I would definately consider donating in the future and supporting them at fundraising events. Very interestng blog, well done! x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Our dog came from Animals in Distress and I would give another one a home if I could. Well written Carly

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for such an informative blog. I hadn't realised how much Animals in distress did to help our furry/feathered friends.It's great to know there are such organisations taking care of the unfortunate creatures in need of our help.
    Now I know about their fundraising events I will be able to attend local ones.

    Good job!
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think it is a very good cause Carly ad would love to house another unwanted pet in future! (I have had a few in the past...) I don't live in Devon but would travel to attend an event in the future. All the best and well done!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think this is a great charity and a really good blog. I have been forwarded the link to this by a friend who thought I would be interested, so it is definitely working. Thank you! I don't live in Devon either, but I have friends and family that do. I will make sure they know about the charity and hope they can attend any local events.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great Blog, I never really knew about Animals in Distress as a charity because a lot of media is on charity's like RSPA. I think Animals have equal rights and thank you for sharing this with other people.
    Also the goat is really cute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. although know about the charity and visit charity shop have yet to visit. looking for new kitten is probably a good place to go

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for your well written informative blog. I know of the charity as I live in the same village & have been a volunteer dog walker in the past! I also visit the charity shop in Newton Abbot! Your blog is an excellent reminder about the good work this charity does for unwanted animals for the whole of their remaining lives.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well done Carly-I could tell how much this charity really means to you-it came through so sincerely in your blog. Afraid I live too far away to visit the Centre or local Charity shops, and I do already support the RSPCA on a monthly basis.But as a soppy cat owner and caring a great deal about animal welfare, I am going onto the site right now to make a donation-thanks to you!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thankyou Carly for making me aware of this charity.We all lead busy lives and your blog has made me stop and think!
    I will go on the site and check it out.Thank goodness for charity's like Animals in Distress.

    Good luck Jane

    23 Seprember 2011

    ReplyDelete
  26. I live in Shropshire so hadnt heard of the charity,it sounds like they do very much needed work.I always have rescue dogs and cats,they are always so much more loving and loyal!
    Will make a donation today Carly,thankyou for the info.
    Best wishes Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well done Carly! A well written blog highlighting the fantastic work done by a very worthy charity. I don't live locally, but I have now visited their website and do intend sending a donation. I'll also pass on this information to others for their support...

    Carly, you should be very proud :-)

    Love Angie (and Alaska) x

    ReplyDelete
  28. I was aware of the Charity as it is near my village but hadn't visited it or been aware of the variety of animals they help.
    What good work they do - my donations will be going to their shop in Newton Abbot.
    Thanks for the info. Carly.

    ReplyDelete