A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Wednesday 22 June 2011

We must support the Cats Protection!


Firstly, I’d like to thank you for taking an intrest in my blog. I hope that after you’ve read it, you will feel more aware of the subject or your views may have changed. For my Citizenship GCSE, I am trying to advocate the Cats Protection and the amazing work they do. In paticular, I would like to raise awareness of the importance of cat neutering.

Since founded in 1927, the Cats Protection has grown to become the UK’s leading feline welfare charity. They now help more than 215,000 cats and kittens every year. The Cats Protection is a voluntary run charity with one aim:
• To find homes for cats in need,
• To promote neutering and
• To provide information about cats and their care.

One of the biggest concerns for the Cats Protection every year is to try and raise the importance of cat neutering. Neutering is a painless way of insuring that your cat can’t have kittens. However, despite this, the operation is very expensive, often around £50 for a female cat and just less for males. Because of the cost, most cat owners don’t have the neutering operation performed. This then causes great concern for a rising amount of unwanted kittens and lost cats looking for mating partners. To try to reduce this, the Cats Protection offers financial help to those who are strugglling to afford the operation.
In 2010, the Cats Protection helped to neuter 160,000 cats across the UK, making them the largest single cat neutering group in the world! This year though, they hope to top that and you could help do that by bringing in your cat to be neutered.

I think we should support the Cats Protection for the following reasons;
• Without them, there would be far more cats roaming our streets and a potential risk of a rabies outbreak
• They help cat owners in financial difficulty to neuter their cats

Thank you ever so much for reading my blog. I hope that this has made you more aware of the Cats Protection and cat neutering. If you would like to know more about the Cats Protection, you can visit their website, http://www.cats.org.uk/. Please support the Cats Protection so they can continue their great work.

If you decide to leave a posted comment, could you please tell me your home town and country (if you’re not in the UK!)

I would really appreciate it if you could please think about these questions and comment on them as a posted response:
1) Have you heard of the Cats Protection before?
2) Have you heard of Cat neutering before?
3) Before reading my blog, were you aware of the issues surrounding Cat neutering?

If you feel strongly about the importance of the Cats Protection now, would you:
1) Be willing to support them?
2) Be willing to make a donation?
3) Inform your family and friends of the Cats Protection and persuade people to support them?
4) If you have an un-neutered cat, would you now consider neutering?

Thanks again!
Rachel

6 comments:

  1. 1) Yes,I have two cats protection cats at home!
    2) Yes
    3) No

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the past, i have heard many stories of cat cruelty and have been horrified. I have 3 cats and i would hate it if anything happened to them. This is a very good blog and i would be very willing to donate

    ReplyDelete
  3. i HAve heard of cruelty and it horrible! Iwould hate if it happened my cat. Thank you for helping me understand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After reading your most interesting and informative blog I really see now what important work cats protection does. I had heard a little about them before but didn't realise it does such brilliant work. I had no idea about cat neuturing and now i feel so much more informed on it and the issues surrounding it. I would definitely be prepared to now donate and tell my friends and family about the great work cats protection does. Thank you for writing such a great blog.
    I live within Devon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of the Cat's Protection before.
    I have vaguely heard of Cat neutering before.
    Before I read your blog, I wasn't aware of this problem.
    I would be willing to support them, make a donation and tell family and friends. However, I don't own a cat, so therefore the last question doesn't concern me, but I think that cat owners definitely should consider this!
    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, I found your site via Google while searching for
    a related topic,

    your web site came up, it looks good. I have bookmarked it
    in my google bookmarks.
    My site - www.spaingolf.us

    ReplyDelete