A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Tuesday 21 June 2011

Rally Round Rowcroft-Help my local Hospice

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I want to make people more aware of the amazing work that people do for others, such as how Rowcroft helps families to grieve for lost ones. Not many people know about the amazing things they do for people. I hope that once you’ve read my blog you will feel more informed about the amazing work that Rowcroft do.



This is Val. She is a 54 year old grandmother, and she is just one of many remarkable people who spend time and effort to raise money for Rowcroft. She walked 45 miles in memory of her father, Alan, who died ten years ago. This is what she herself said:

“Dad was only 70 when he died, he came into Rowcroft for the last few days of his life, the difference in him when he arrived at Rowcroft was phenomenal, you could see his whole demeanour change, he was brighter and he was so happy to be there. It’s just such an amazing place, he was looked after so well, if he wanted a glass of whiskey, he got a glass of whiskey!”

This is proof of how Rowcroft can help those in need. It might just be one hospice in the whole world, but they are doing their very best to help. You can visit the website at: http://www.rowcrofthospice.org.uk/

Thank you again for taking the time to read my blog. I was hoping that you would also be willing to take the time to answer these questions. If you would, please could you write your country and town?
 Did you know about Rowcroft beforehand?
 Do you feel more informed about Rowcroft?
 Would you be willing to donate money?
 Would you be willing to support Rowcroft in any other way? Such as volunteering to help out patients, volunteering to help out with transport, etc.

Thank you so much for reading my blog, Emily.

3 comments:

  1. -I did not know about Rowcroft beforehand.
    -I DO feel more informed about Rowcroft.
    -I would be willing to donate, but first must check how much money I have.
    -I would help if I lived in England.
    <3
    ~Rikai

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes I did know about Rowcroft before
    I definatly know more than I did
    Yes if I had some money I would definatly donate
    Yes, I think it would be a great thing to do.
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. - I had heard of rowcroft before
    - I do feel more informed
    - if I was not completly broke than yes i would
    - yes however i would not be very good at driving ...... :)
    Izzie xxx

    ReplyDelete