A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Friday 9 September 2011

The NSPCC. Put a full stop to child abuse. FULL STOP.

Thank you for taking time to read our blog! Ruth and I have chosen to do the NSPCC as our GCSE citizenship as we feel this is an extremely important campaign to support seeing as it aids a huge amount of people in many ways. As you know, child abuse stories are over the news quite often, some are extremely horrific but people don’t realise that it’s not just physical abuse children receive, but also neglect and mental abuse. So many children lose out on their most amazing time of their life; their childhood just because they do not have the confidence to confide in anybody nor have anybody to reach out to. But if we were to raise more awareness on the matter more children may hear about the NSPCC and finally confide in somebody. If you don’t support the NSPCC by the end of reading this, we will assure you that you shall be highly against the idea of child abuse.

We personally think people should be more aware of what is going on around us; we should feel more sympathetic to others around us. You may never know what people in your school may go through at home. Everybody has hard times, but they are most definitely not as upsetting as what children being abused have to deal with everyday. We want to raise more awareness so that more people shall donate money meaning they can receive more calls from children being abused or people knowing of some unusual happenings in homes nearby. The NSPCC cannot afford to receive all the calls made, but with more money they have the chance of saving so many lives and childhoods in the world, they are a strong advocacy group known well throughout the world. Many are moved by the adverts and stories they read, but unfortunately many do not do enough about it. Wouldn’t you really like to be able to say, ‘I saved that girls life, just by donating £2 pounds a month’ or ‘Because of the NSPCC he was able to confide in them and ask for help’? Most people would love to be able to say anything like that, because they would know that they have made a difference to a child’s life in the real world.

Look at this image, of a small scared child, someone whose life YOU have the power to influence. To wipe the nervous, frightened look off their face, and replace it with a beaming smile. As said above you can donate money in order to do this, but also take part in many different fundraising events across the country. So many people work hard every day to help children, and you can be part of it.

We can’t stress the point enough, you need to help.

Thank you for reading our blog, we hope that we have convinced you to make a difference. Please post a response below on the issues we have brought to your attention, and let us know how successful it was. For more information visit www.nspcc.org.uk.

Please post a response to the following questions and if possible could you tell us where you come from i.e. hometown/country?

* Had you heard about the problems caused for people who have been abused in their lifetime?
* Do you now feel more informed about the issues faced by people being abused?
* Would you now be prepared to do any of the following things to help improve the lives of people who have suffered abuse..
     1) Make a donation to ‘NSPCC’?
     2) Start or join a Fundraising campaign?
     3) Tell your family & friends about the ‘NSPCC’ & try to persuade them to help out in any of the ways above?

Many thanks for your time,
From Ruth and Phoebe 

21 comments:

  1. *I had heard about the problems caused for people who have been abused, but not in quite as much detail.
    *I feel more informed about the issues
    *I would probably be prepared to donate to the NSPCC, but there are other worthwhile charities too that do similar things
    *I would be less likely to start or join a fundraising campaign, as i do not know what it involves
    *I will definately tell my family and friends about the NSPCC and try to persuade them to help out :D

    Your blog was very good, i learnt a lot about the NSPCC :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned alot about the NSPCC
    I will try to pursuade more people to donate to NSPCC
    I am willing to help and donate to the NSPCC :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would hate for my mum or dad to be like that to me if they were going to treat their children so badly why did they have them in the first place. I hope this problem will disappear so the children can live their lives like they used to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Not really but i had heard about it before
    *Yes
    * I would be willing to do all three of these things as i would hate to know that people are suffering this way

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this thing on Pudsey bear day and i think it was about that girl in the picture some times we don't realise how lucky we are! this is a really great blog and has persuaded me to give more to the NSPCC :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would do all three of thoose things as I believe that it's a very worthwhile campaign. I have briefly heard of the problems suffered by people who suffered from abuse as children. I think that child abuse should be stopped because no child should have to cope with that abuse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an excellent blog post, it is really informative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *Yes I had heard about it.
    * I feel more informed.
    * 1) Make a donation to ‘NSPCC’? I would anyway
    2) Start or join a Fundraising campaign?I would love to.
    3) Tell your family & friends about the ‘NSPCC’ & try to persuade them to help out in any of the ways above?
    I would always try my best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did know about the cause before, but now I feel much more informed and I will definitley donate and possibly join a fundraising campaign in the future as I feel very strongly about child cruelty. I will also tell my friends and family about the NSPCC and attempt to persuade them to donate too. Good luck with your GCSE!:DDxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg poor girl:'( i will support<3

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1) Yes defintly, it is scary to see the way innocent children are treated.
    2) Yes now that I am more informed about the situation.
    3) Of corse helping out never did anything bad, I will try my best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everyone knows about the NSPCC but after reading this I would defiantly be willing to donate!
    Knowing how it could really change a child's life has really opened my eyes to the situation. Good Luck!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Well done great blog guys:)!<3xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1) Yes
    2) Definately :)
    3) Yes
    4) Yes
    5) Yes
    6) Yes
    Really good blog!! <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Paris and George and Finlay18 November 2011 at 11:08

    1. Yep
    2. Deffo
    3. Yes
    4. Yes
    5. Yes
    6. Yes
    Amazing blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. amazing blog yes to all the questions pure class. love youuu!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is very imformative and i found the picture so moving and great yes to every single question its just wonderful! i would donate very penny if i could but we gotta eat :/ xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. As a young child, i had never heard of the NSPCC before. But now i do, i will ask my mum to support the charity! I feel very sorry for people who get abused aswell...

    ReplyDelete
  19. very good blog! :*
    yes
    yes
    yes
    yes
    yes
    yes xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really informed me more about the NSPCC! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is a very good blog and you have definately explained the charity in great detail! i would definately help vunerable children by donating money! x

    ReplyDelete