A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Monday 10 June 2013

Save Animals Lives – Support Blue Cross

Thank you very much for showing an interest in my blog! I’m Eloise and I feel it is unacceptable to abandon animals and that we should help those animals that are. I feel extremely strongly about this matter. I hope that after reading my blog you will want to support this cause and know more about it. Not many of you know just how many animals are abandoned and how much Blue Cross do to help.

When animals are abandoned, they often face a life of pain, suffering and will never be loved again. This can

Blue Cross treats over 30,000 poorly pets every year and also rescue them when they are in need, and train them if they have behavioural problems.
You can help by:

change with your help. With your help supporting Blue Cross you can give an animal a new, loving life, a second chance. This is Flush; Flush was flushed down the toilet by a previous owner. She was stuck down
the drain for days until a neighbour heard her meowing and called the Blue Cross. Some are not so lucky to survive. But if you donate, volunteer, or visit Blue Cross you can help and animal in need.
  • Donating to Blue Cross
  • Visiting a centre
  • Fundraising
  • Volunteer to help Blue Cross
  • Adopt and animal from the Blue Cross
Thanks again for showing an interest in my blog! Please post a response with what you think – there are questions below for you to answer in particular. Visit http://www.bluecross.org.uk/ for more details or try to help out any way you can and it will be much appreciated!

Save Animals Lives- Support Blue Cross
  • Had you heard of Blue Cross before?
  • Do you now feel more informed about what they do?
  • Would you be now be prepared to support Blue Cross by doing any of the following things?
  1. Shop in a Blue Cross charity shop
  2. Attend a Blue Cross event such as dog day, tea party, open day etc.
  3. Leave a legacy for Blue Cross
  4. Consider adopting an animal from Blue Cross
  5. Tell your family and friends about Blue Cross
If you do post a response, please can you state where you come from i.e. you home town and country (if not U.K!)
Thanks again!
Eloise

4 comments:

  1. I have heard of the Blue Cross
    I feel much more informed about what they do
    I have already shopped in a Blue Cross charity shop, I would attend a Blue Cross event, I would think about leaving a legacy for the Blue Cross, I would definitely consider adopting an animal (especially if it was a pug) and I would obviously tell my family and friends.
    I'm from Ogwell x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of the Blue Cross (I am doing this for my advocacy)
    I now feel more informed
    yes
    yes
    yes
    yes
    yes

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) Yes, I have heard of the blue cross, and I'm doing it for my choices. I have adopted a kitten who is now in a loving home and very happy after being abandoned.
    2) I do now know a bit more, this has been a very useful blog
    3) I have told my friends and family of the cause, I have adopted a kitten and soon I am going to the local rehoming centre to ask a few questions
    TGGS, Torquay
    Your blog was very effective

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. I had heard of the blue cross rehoming center before.
    2. yes
    3. yes. I have told my family about the blue cross and I know a few people that volunteer at the rehoming centers.

    ReplyDelete