A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Tuesday 7 September 2010

Recycling - yes you can help !



Thank you very much for taking an interest in my blog! I feel very strongly about recycling and land fill sites. Everyone seems to know about recycling and land fill sites but we could all try and do more.
When you have read my blog I hope to change your views, if you didn’t already agree with recycling. I hope that you can then be bothered to help the world by doing your bit!

These are the views I have about recycling and land fill sites;
• Our planet and environment are being destroyed and eroded by not dealing with our waste in an environmentally friendly way.
• Most people do not know how important it is to stop throwing rubbish and not attempting to recycle, as you can see in the picture to the left we are overfilling land fill sites and it needs to stop!
• Recycling is very easy, it wouldn’t take you any extra time to make a difference and instead of throwing rubbish away in your normal household waste you could just put it in a recycling bin.
• Many household things can be recycled like cardboard, paper, bottles, cans/tins, cartons and you could also have a compost bin!
• I think this issue has been around for many years, it is time to change and make a DIFFERENCE! The main culprit is human but all of the effect is environmental.

Again, Thank you so much for taking your time and reading my opinions about recycling and land fill sites. I would be very grateful if you could now comment with your thoughts. In particular, it would be great if you could just write a few words in answer to the following questions:
* Have I changed your opinion on recycling? If not why?
* Did you already recycle? If not why?
*Would you now be willing to tell other people like family and friends about recycling and maybe ask them to help me and comment on my blog?
* Finally, would you be willing to support my petition? And help the world!!

Thank you

Aimee-Jane x

19 comments:

  1. No, i already knew it was a big problem and i recycle everything i can.
    Yes i did
    Yes
    Yes i would

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) no, i already knew about the issues of recycling.
    2)yes, i already recycle.
    3)i would definitly as it is a big issue and more people need to know about it.
    4)i would willing to support your petition as it is a great story to advertise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no, i already knew about it and i always recycle
    yes i did/do
    yes
    yes i would

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1, No i already know about it
    2, Yes , i already recycle
    3, Yeah i will definately tell other people about recyling as it is a very big issue.
    4, Yes, definately :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog - I definitely support the recycling scheme and would be happy to sign the petition. Currently we do recycle a lot of our waste - but we could probably do more to help!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, i already knew it was a big problem and i recycle everything i can.
    Yes i did
    Yes
    Yes i would

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well i already thought that more people need to recycle but i did think the blog was very good

    ReplyDelete
  8. You havent changed my opinion on recycling as i already knew about the issues of it and i also want to help.I did already recycle as much as i could.I will tell my friends and family about this and i am more than willing to support your petition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. no i was already for recycling
    i recycle loads but the new recycling sceme is rubbish.
    yep as it is a very important issue but i
    already do anyway
    yep sure :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1) no, i always try to recycle
    2)i do
    3) yes as it is important
    4)yea ok!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I Think Recycling Is A Very Important Issue As It Could Save The Earth One Day So People should do more to advertise it and give it more publicity to encourage people to help out more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1. Yes you have because i hadn't realised that not recycling was affecting the world so much.
    2. Yes our family already recycled.
    3. Yes I would tell our friends and family but they probably wouldn't comment on the blog if they already knew about it from here.
    4. Yes I would

    ReplyDelete
  13. No, I always try to recycle as much as I can!
    Yes, I already recycle
    Certainly,yes
    Yes I would!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do recycle. Now that the new recycling scheme has started, i think it has made people think and has made people start to recycle.
    1. Yes you have
    2.I already recycle
    3.Yes
    4.Yes - 100%

    ReplyDelete
  15. * Have I changed your opinion on recycling? If not why?
    No, I already know about the issues on recycling.
    * Did you already recycle? If not why?
    Yes I do.
    *Would you now be willing to tell other people like family and friends about recycling and maybe ask them to help me and comment on my blog?
    Yeah, sure :]
    * Finally, would you be willing to support my petition? And help the world!!
    Of course :D
    Love Em xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. yes you have
    yes we did
    yes of course
    yes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for all the comments so far!!! These will really help me.. Please ask more people to come abd post some comments x

    ReplyDelete