A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Tuesday 7 September 2010

We should all 'Paws' for thought...


Thank you very much for showing an interest on my blog! I would like to raise your awareness about an issue I feel strongly about; the mistreatment and abandonment of cats is terrible and continues to go on throughout our time and around our world. There are so many animals out there that need our help and, as I’m sure you’re aware, there are already organizations trying to help reduce and prevent this such as “Animals in Distress” and the “RSPCA”. However, there is an organization focusing mainly around cats who try to re - home and take care of those cats found as well as promote cat care so that people are able to have a better understanding. This organization is called “The Cats Protection League”.

This is Chester (pictured above)He came into the care of The Cats Protection League, North Walsham and District branch, via the housing officer as he had been abandoned by his previous owners when they moved house. He had been found with a large lump on his side and vets concluded (after operating) it to be a hernia, probably caused by the constant abuse of kicking. The operation left Chester with a very long scar down his side which was incredibly tender; obviously, this made him very wary around people. However, after much love and care, Chester’s confidence gradually returned and soon he was able to be put up for adoption. Chester now lives with a new family and is a lot friendlier and he loves to play.

This is an amazing transformation considering the amount of abuse he had received in his first home. The Cats Protection League does an amazing job and you can help too. Their website, http://www.cats.org.uk/, will contain all the information you need to know. Just imagine, you could change a cat’s life and give it a second chance. You could help a cat like Chester who had been through a whole lifetime of abuse. Just give your cat love and attention, you’ll get it back. YOU could change a cat’s life…

Thank you again for reading my blog I would be very grate full if you could possibly spare some time to post a comment showing your thoughts and feelings on this organization. It would be really great too if you could possibly answer any of the following questions or help the Cats Protection League in any way that you can. You could make all the difference … and change a cat’s life. Thank you so much!

1. Had you ever heard about this organization before?
2. Do you now feel more informed about the Cats Protection League?
3. Do you support this organization?
4. Would you now be prepared to adopt a cat, make a donation or try to raise awareness and fundraise for this organization?

14 comments:

  1. I felt like crying at this! This is a really sick and cruel thing to do to animals! I have 3 cats and I would NEVER do anything near that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time I have heard about this organisation and now I am fully imformed about the charity, through your blog, I would support this organisation and raise awareness.

    Thank you for posting this blog x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a cat and of course i wouldn't hurt it and am now aware of this pressure group and quietly show my support!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of this befor and this does make me feel more informed. I fully support this organisation as i have cats myself this is terrible and i will strongly consider adopting now and i will make a donation ;)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1.no
    2.yes
    3.i will do in the future if i can
    4. i wont be able to adopt a cat as i have a dog but i will help raise awareness if i can

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have never heard about this organisation :O
    I feel more inmformed after reading this
    i support the organisation
    i would want to adopt a cat and help by making a donation however it may not always be possible for someone to adopt a cat

    ReplyDelete
  7. When i read about chester i was like NOOOOOOOOOO. its so mean what those people did to him D:



    meh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never heard of this organisation before but I am glad I have now. I always assumed that there was not any charaties that supported just cats. As I have a cat of my own, I belive that this organisation is doing the right thing. Animal cruelty is very bad and should be stopped!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think its awful what people do to cats, i have a cat and would never dream of hurting it or doing anything bad to it :|

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love animals and frequently hear how cruely people are treacting them, I have never heard of this organisation before but I am glad I have now, I love cats and have them myself and it is good to see a charity who support these awesome creatures

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hadn't heard of this organisation before. I think it is awful what they are doing to the cats.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww this is such a sad story! Poor Chester! It's so mean what those people did to him :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww..it's horrible what people do!!!
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    4. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. All the way
    4. I would be prepared to make a donation, and anything else, but we can't adopt as we already have 2 cats and a dog

    great blog !

    ReplyDelete