A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Monday 20 May 2013

See The Future - We need to help blind people to see the future.

Firstly, thank you very much for taking an interest in my blog about the RNIB- I really appreciate it. The purpose of my blog is to raise awareness of the RNIB and possibly persuade you to donate. If I manage to achieve any of these objectives, the RNIB and I would be really happy- also I would appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to post a comment at the bottom of the page to tell me what you thought. The RNIB is also known as The Royal Institute for the Blind. The RNIB is a charity whose aims are to:
  • Stop people losing their sight unnecessarily
  • Supporting blind and partially sighted people to live independently.
  • Creating an inclusive society.
My aims are:
  • To raise awareness of the work of the RNIB and its work with visually impaired
  • To try and gain support for the RNIB
  • To help to create an inclusive society.
There are some things you should know about blindness in the UK:
  • There are 2million people in the UK living with sight loss.
  • 1 in 5 elderly people develop sight loss.
  • Every day 100 people in the UK start to lose their sight.
  • 80% of all visual impairment can be avoided or cured.
The RNIB try to reduce these numbers, and where they can’t they give support, advice and offer equipment.

We need to do something to help blind people and need to support the RNIB by donating, spreading the word, or just commenting on my blog- by doing this you are helping the RNIB. Thank you again very, very, very, very much for reading my blog. Again I would appreciate it you would leave a comment, possibly answering a few

Questions:

  • Did you already know about the RNIB?
  • Do you no feel more informed about the RNIB?
  • Would you now consider donating/supporting the RNIB?
  • If possible could you please tell me where you come from (city, town, country etc.)
Thank you so much for your time!

Olivia
www.rnib.org.uk

18 comments:

  1. Becky Thompson10 July 2013 at 12:20

    This is a very good blog!

    1) yes
    2) yes - very much!
    3) Maybe
    4) Bovey Tracey, Devon

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. yes, but I didn't know what it did
    2. yes!
    3. yes definitely!
    Bovey Tracey, Millie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki Williamson19 January 2014 at 13:05

    1) Yes
    2) Yes
    3) Yes, a very worthwhile cause
    4) Blackheath, London

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Olivia for this I didn't know much about this cause before but now I feel more informed and am am considering donating !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blog is very informative and I now know about the work that the RNIB does, the statistics are shocking, this has really made me consider donating now.
    1) yes
    2)Yes
    3) Definitely
    Keswick, Cumbria

    ReplyDelete
  6. i thought this was a very insightful blog and a very worthwhile cause, i didn't really know about it much before but after reading your blog i think i would definitely consider donating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1.yes
    2.yes
    3.yes
    4.Liverton Devon

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. yes but i didn't know much about it
    2. yes
    3. definitly!
    Newton Abbot, Frankie

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1) No
    2) Yes, defiantly!
    3)Yeah!
    4) Torbay, Devon

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very informative and has taught me a great deal about the work of the RNIB and I am shocked, this blog has persuaded me to donate to a charity i would otherwise not have known about.
    1)Yes
    2)Yes
    3) Yes
    Cambridge

    ReplyDelete
  11. No- I didn't know about it at all.
    yes, definitely!
    I certainly would donate to the cause, particularly since so many people are affected- well done on your advocacy!
    Devon

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1) No
    2)Yes
    3)Yes
    4)Exminster
    this blog is brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1) Yes
    2)Yes
    3)Yes
    4)Wellington
    Claire Brown

    ReplyDelete
  14. Caroline Morris10 March 2014 at 17:10

    The RNIB does amazing work into research of avoiding blindness and visual impairments. They also do wonderful work with the individual and their family. I think that it is important that the numbers of people in the UK with blindness or some form of visual impairments drops as being blind or having a visual impairment is a terrible thing for anyone to have to live with/go through.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1) Yes because I am registered blind and helped by this charity and I am advocating this for my citizenship gsce :)
    2.Yes
    3.I already do, but I would consider raising the amount I donate each month
    4.Torquay, Devon

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ye s
    Yes
    Yes
    Toquay

    ReplyDelete
  17. 1)No
    2)yes
    3)yes
    Cardiff
    Nicole Shearwood

    ReplyDelete
  18. No
    Yes
    Yes
    Ottawa, Canada

    ReplyDelete