A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Friday 17 May 2013

Behind every R.N.L.I rescue is a face like yours… it could be you!

Hello, I am Megan, and first of all I would like to thank you all for taking an interest in my Blog. By reading my blog, I hope to inform you with all of the information you need about the R.N.L.I. The reason, to which I have chosen to advocate the R.N.L.I. as part of my citizenship GCSE, is because I believe that too many people are unaware of the phenomenal work that they actually do, and awareness leads to action! Lack of equipment, and volunteers make the situation incredibly hard for the R.N.L.I., considering that they only rely on public donations and a voluntary crew. They are un-able to save lives without the support of the public, and behind every rescue is a face just like yours… one day, it could be yours!

Why should you care? You should care because behind every rescue, is a face like your own! Without the R.N.L.I, thousands of people would be left to defend for themselves in dangerous conditions in the sea! This would lead to atrocious accidents or even death, which are both un-necessary if the R.N.L.I, is there to save you! Help save a life, which could be yours!

The saving of an innocent life costs very little money! When donating to the R.N.L.I, the money donated will be used to buy lifesaving equipment used at sea, as well as to pay for the boats and generating voluntary income! But it is not possible to continue the savings of lives without the donations…. We need to act now, and fast!

Thank you so much again for taking the time to read my blog. Please do now post me a response with your thoughts and any additional comments. Particularly, it would be great if you could include a few words in answer to the following questions! Further details of all of the ideas listed below can be accessed at http://www.rnli.org/Pages/Default.aspx  Please help me to thank generations for their bravery, and to continue the fantastic work of the R.N.L.I!

  • Had you heard about the work of the R.N.L.I before?
  • After reading my blog, do you now feel more informed about the work of the R.N.L.I
  • Would you now be prepared to do any of the following things to help keep the charity running, and to help the R.N.L.I to continue saving thousands of lives…
  • Make a donation to the R.N.L.I?
  • Start or join a FUND raising campaign?
  • Tell your friends and family about the work of the R.N.L.I, and try to persuade them to help out in any of the ways above?
If you do choose to post a response, please can you tell me where abouts it is that you come from i.e. your hometown or country (if not UK!)

Many thanks!
Megan

2 comments:

  1. I knew about the work the RNLI did before this- because i live near the coast- but now i feel much more informed about the issue and how urgent it is for us to be made aware about how serious this issue is.
    Because of that I would definitely donate to the RNLI and try and persuade my friends to do so as well!
    Thank you for advocating for such an important cause and good luck with the GCSE :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, I appreciate your reply. I am glad to see your interest in my blog, and that you now have further awareness. :) Thanks again!

      Delete