A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Tuesday 7 September 2010

Oddicombe Beach must be saved!


Thank you very much for opening and showing an interest in our blog. Ourselves and our families enjoy visiting Oddicombe beach and we hope to get you involved in the positives and negatives of the future of this small but welcoming Devonian beach.
After you have read our blog, we hope that you will consider visiting Oddicombe beach and taking part or volunteering for future plans to make the beach even more enjoyable and fun for the whole family.
We both enjoy family outings to this amazing beach as it’s a great way to both relax and pass the time especially with all the fun packed activities that people of all ages and both sexes can take pleasure in.
The two of us agree that Oddicombe beach is an amazing way to spend your free time with family and friends, for the following reasons:

1. Oddicombe beach has many facilities for all members of the community to share including, sailing, paddle boats, cafe and toilets etc.
2. All ages and both sexes are welcome to visit the beach as it is a family friendly location.
3. Safety at the beach has some positive aspects though fundraising is crucial during 2010 especially after the horrific cliff incidents.
4. Dog owners are very welcome to use the beach during the colder seasons and there is even an exercise area on babbacombe beach for all dogs, though dogs are banned from the beach during summer.
5. The water at Oddicombe beach is clean and unpolluted which is a great advantage for all water sport addicts!

Thank you very much again for reading our blog! Please if you can now post me a response with your thoughts and opinions on the beach we would be extremely grateful. There are a few questions below and it would be great if you could answer them and send them back!

• Have you visited oddicombe beach?
• What did you think of oddicombe beach?
• Do you think oddicombe beach needs any changes?
• What do you think of the facilities at oddicombe beach?
• If you have not visited oddicombe beach before, would you consider visiting the beach after reading this blog? If so, why? If not, why?

Alice & Becky

17 comments:

  1. 1)Yes I have been to Oddicombe Beach.
    2)I think Oddicombe Beach is a lovley place to be. It is nice and clean and is good for all the family.
    3)I do not think Oddicombe beach needs any changes. I think it is fine the way it is.
    4)I think the facilitys are very clean and well kept.
    5)If I had never visited Oddicome Beach then I woulkd like to go because of how you have described it. Also because of thge lovely picture you have put on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought that this blog was great, i live really close to oddicombe and i go there a lot of times. it would be a beautiful place if we all took interest in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Odddiacome beach is great - it's where we normally go in the summer. As you mentioned it has many facilities, so you won't get bored.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love oddicombe beach and think it's a great beach to spend time in on hot days! i've been there with lots of family and friends and always have a good time when I go there! The facilities are great there and will always go there as it is a really good day out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes i have visited Oddicombe beach but i was very young so i dont remember much. I dont think it needs any changes and after reading this I will probably visit again because all the comments are very positive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have visted Oddicombe beach loads of times, because I live locally. I definetly think that it is a great place to go, especially in the summer!I think it something should be done about the slandslide that happened resently. I also definetly think that it could do with some new facilities, because it is a really nice place for all ages to go to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I been to oddycome beach a few times and I agree it should be saved!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like oddycome beach D:

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have never been to Oddicome beach but it sounds like a really good cause. many people would use this facillity. They should save this lovely beach.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes I do go to oddicombe beach and agree that some changes should be made, for example, better toilet facilities, which are open when thay are needed, a clean-up of current facilities and better access, (although i do understand that would be difficult).

    ReplyDelete
  11. HEYYYYYY guys :)
    nice blog ya gotchaa' there ;)
    QUESTIOOONS :D
    1) Yeees, i have indeed visited oddicombe beeach.
    2) I really enjoyed it there, it is really calm and you can go there a number of times without getting bored of it.
    3) No, oddicombe beach is fine the way it is and nothing should be changed :D
    4) I think the facilities are well kept and cleeeeeean
    5) After I've read your blog, i would love to visit oddicombe beach but i already have so i know what its like ;D
    FIIIIIINISHHHHHHED :D <3
    chow amigos xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't been to the beach yet but I think I will as it sound like a family place and a fun day out

    ReplyDelete
  13. No, I haven't visited the beach before but I would like to with my brothers and sisters to spend a day there as they would probably enjoy it because of the facilities there you have listed

    ReplyDelete
  14. • No, I have never been there.
    Yes, I would like to go there now.
    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alice and Becky :) x31 October 2010 at 12:35

    Thank you to everyone who decided to post a comment they are well appreciated :) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello,
    your blog is very good and it is a really good cause to back up.I will now answer the questions:
    number 1) Yes i have visited Oddicmbe beach and it is lovely although it does need a good paint job.
    2) ^^^^^^
    3)yes i think that the building (the toilets) need to be improved!
    4)^^^^^^

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete