A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Tuesday 7 September 2010

We should support Animals in Distress!



Thank you very much for viewing my blog. Animals in Distress is a very worthwhile cause, and one that is very close to my heart, since all my pets are from Animals in Distress. I hope that through reading my blog you will also be able to appreciate how important the work of this organisation is.
Animals in Distress save, care for and re-home over 1000 pets that are abandoned in the local area, each year.

However, the organisation is in constant need of support, time and donations, as hundreds of animals rely on their help just to survive the night. Take puppy, Charlie, for instance. He was born blind due to cataracts in both of his eyes. Because of this he was not wanted by his owners, and was abandoned and left helpless and vulnerable by the side of a road.

Thanks to the hard work and continuous effort of Animals in Distress, the cataracts have now been removed and Charlie leads a normal, happy life. His operation cost £700 and would not have been possible without the financial support and voluntary help of local people.

Yet the battle is not won for Charlie, although donations helped him through his operation, the next struggle for the people at Animals in Distress, is to find Charlie a loving home, where he will stay forever, never to be unloved or lonely again.

Could you give a home to an animal like Charlie? If you are considering having a pet, please consider giving a home to an abandoned animal. Animals in Distress encourage future pet owners to give a home to rescued animals, like Charlie, to give them the second chance which they all truly deserve.
To help animals like Charlie, Animals in Distress require constant support and help from the public.
There are many ways in which you can help Animals in Distress…

~ Join in with a fundraising activity
~ Volunteer to do some dog-walking (under 16s must be accompanied)
~ Recycle your old rugs/blankets for the centre to use as bedding
~ Make a donation – money or pet food
Whatever you give will be greatly appreciated and it will benefit all animals like Charlie.

Thank you again, for reading my blog and I hope that you now know a little bit more about the cause of Animals in Distress, and are now encouraged to help them in any way you can. Remember … you can make a difference to the life of at least one cruelly abandoned animal, by just one small action.
It would be great if you could answer a couple of short questions below about your views on Animals in Distress:

* Had you heard of Animals in Distress before reading my blog?
* Do you support the work of Animals in Distress?
* Are you now encouraged to support the organisation by…?
~ Sponsoring an animal (go to www.animalsindistress.uk.com)
~ Making a donation
~ Joining the Animals in Distress group on Facebook
~ Signing up for the monthly newsletter (go to the website above, and click on )
~ Telling your friends and family about Animals in Distress
Remember … you can make a difference to the life of at least one cruelly abandoned animal, by just one small action.

Meris

14 comments:

  1. I think it's great that all of your pets are from animals in distress!! It is a great example and it makes me want to help some of the animals just like you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1.Yes
    2.Yes
    3.yes, making a donation (I already have the magazine from them)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You care alot about animals and I think it is great that you get your pets from Animals In Distress. I have many pets myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard of Animals in Distress before, and me and my family regulary walk dogs down there. We have tried rehoming in the past, but it didn't work out, but now the dog is in a new happy home. I feel very strongly about the poor animals down there, and I know they need our help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Yes I think it's a great charity and I recently visited to see some guinea pigs!
    2. Deffinately I love their work
    3. In my free time I hope to volunteer at the shelter with the cats. I asked to do this at the blue cross and they don't let people under 16 work there! I think its great that they do this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard about them before as i got my cat from there. I think it is a very good cause and should be reconised more through out the community i love their work and they help that they do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with this charity as it is a very worthwhile cause. I would definately support them in the future, whether it was to adopt a pet or just make a donation in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Meris :),
    your blog is awesome!! Its really great!! Now im going to answer the questions:
    1) Yes :)
    2) I do indeed! I think it is a great idea and more attention should be put into this subject but i still love their work!!!
    3) iI think your blog is sooo amazing you have convinced me to do a few of those things for example i will join the facebook group and i will more than likely be giving a donation :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello !
    I have heard of Animals in Distress before. And i support the work they do. I always go to the nearest centre to me and voluntarily dog walk. i have donated blankets for the cats as well. After reading this blog i am even more incouraged to either adopt one of the animals or make a donation to them. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1) Yes
    2) Deffinitely! I think what theydo is great and they deserve all the help they can get to help continue it.
    3) I will deffinitely think about giving money to the Animals in Distress in the future now i understand more about the charity abd what it does...!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Meris, I would love to give a home to a animal like Charlie. Yes I had heard of animals in distress and yes I do support the work of animals in distress. I would be encouraged and able to do all of those things and would be honered to do something for these poor animals.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Meris
    My family tried to find a dog there but they wouldn't let us however they're very important and if they go, who will look after all the left animals. You have my support.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard of Animals in Distress before and I think it's a really good cause as animals should be treated with kindness and not beaten, starved etc. I support this cause and I would love to help the animals in distress

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always visit animals in distress as often as I can because I think the work they do there is amazing! I think it's brilliant that all your pets are from there,and I have been supporting them for a while! You have my complete and utter support because I love animals and this charity will always be close to my heart - I can't live without my pets! Thank you for choosing Animals in Distress, I hope this blog helps them x :)

    ReplyDelete