A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Wednesday 7 July 2010

Kingskerswell NEEDS it's bypass!


Thank you very much for taking an interest in my blog! Supporting the need for a bypass is very important to me because it directly affects me and other people. Not very many people seem to realise what issues the road is causing, and therefore don’t have a view on the matter. So I am trying to raise awareness and gain support for the proposal. After reading this I hope that you will know some more about the issues concerning the road, and feel that you would like to support it.

The A380 running through Kingskerswell (small village between 2 busy towns, Torquay and Newton Abbot) experiences a lot of traffic, as it is the only road between the two towns. Torquay is a busy seaside town with a lot of people travelling from Newton Abbot, to get to school, work and for pleasure; it attracts a lot of tourism every year. The amount of commuters causes many issues including:

• Congestion
The road gets blocked very often and can make a journey that under normal circumstances would take 15 minutes, take 60 minutes plus. The traffic trails for hours on end and takes ages to clear.
• Problems for the Emergency Services
It makes the emergency services jobs very difficult as they can be stuck in traffic on a very urgent call out.
• It is the only way in or out of Torquay
This highlights another problem that commuters can only use this road to get to where they need to be.
• The number of cars makes the road extremely dangerous
There is a school nearby, which I am sure parents are concerned to send their children to as the children have to cross this road.

As you can see, there are many issues created by this road and there are many more which I haven’t included. But there is a solution! There are proposals to build a bypass. The bypass would mean that the flow of traffic is decreased as it is split within two roads. The Kingskerswell Bypass is a Pressure Group that needs YOUR support to get the proposal to go ahead. With your support the problems will be solved!

Thank you so much again for reading my blog. Please do now post me a response to your thoughts. It would be great if you could write a few words to answer some of the following questions. More info can be found at:
http://www.kingskerswell-bypass.co.uk/index.php .

Please support this pressure group in any way you can and help Kingskerswell have a more tranquil Village!

1. Had you heard about the issues concerning the A380 in Kingskerswell before reading my Blog?
2. Do you now feel more informed about what the Kingskerswell Bypass is and how it will positively affect the area?
3. Have I changed your opinion about the Bypass Proposal and if so, why?

Thank You Very Much for Reading my Blog Again!

Sofiya

8 comments:

  1. Hi Sofiya

    I found your blog very interesting and yes it has infromed me well on the issues concerning the A380.

    Before I read your blog I must admit that I did not know anything about the issues concerning the A380, apart from the fact that it is usually congested.

    I have found your argument very persuasive and you have raised my awarness and swayed my opinion about the Kingskerswell bypass.

    It is a great blog Sofiya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya Sofiya :D
    i deffinatly think a bypass should be built because it will be easier to get to school, cause i don't like sitting in traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am aslo doing about the bypass so i think it should be built and is a good cause your blog is very good and persuasive and i hope will help to chnage the thoughts of others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. I had heard about most of the issues you wrote but you have informed me on others such as I didn't know about the school and about the emergency services.
    2.Yes, I certainly know more and I agree with your points, I do think the gases would affect the area although your issues are much more important as it is preventing how fast the emergency services get to places.
    3.Yes, before I wasn't as concerned and as I pass the area quite often I will check out the websites.

    Thankyou for giving me further information

    You have changed my views.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1) not to the full extent no.
    2)yes and i agree
    3)no i sit in traffic twice a day and i always wanted a bypass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had heard about these issues, and was against the bypass being built.
    I am still against, but good luck with this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really believe that Kingskerswell needs it Bypass. I fimly believe a bypass should be bulit

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. Yes, in year 7 we went there to talk about it.
    2. Yes, I get the x46 bus every day to and from school, and it takes us 45 minutes each journey. If we had the bypass, my school journey would be reduced and I could have more time spent on getting my homework done neater, and not having such a late day and having to wake up early every day.
    3. Yes, I used to be against it, but now I firmly believe that Kingskerswell needs the bypass now.

    ReplyDelete