A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Monday 5 July 2010

We should support the Mare and Foal Sanctuary



Thank you for showing interest in my blog. I am trying to raise awareness of the Mare and Foal Sanctuary (MFS) and what they do. This is something that I feel strongly about and I think that more people should know about it as they help so many horses. When you have read my Blog I hope that you will know a bit more about what horses can go through each day.

Horses can look like this when they come into the Sanctuary and most of them may even come in looking worse. Or some of them may even look better than this, but they had to be taken in, because their owner has fallen ill and they can’t look after them anymore. The MFS have a special adoption scheme where you give money once a year to look after your adopted horse then you will receive a certificate to say that you have adopted one of the horses then you will also give you a picture of your horse and a description of how he or she had arrived in the sanctuary. This does not just help you to understand the horse, but it also benefits the horse as well as the money goes towards their bedding and food costs as well as their veterinary bills.

Thank you so much for reading my Blog! Now please would you write just a few words to give me feedback please it will only take a minute.

1) Have I told you things you didn’t already know about the MFS?
2) Would you be prepared to
1. Make a Donation?
2. Start or join in a fund raising event?
3. Adopt a Horse/Pony?
4. Tell your family and friends about the sanctuary?

Thank you again for looking at my blog and taking the time to answer the questions. Further details of the MFS can be found at: http://www.mareandfoal.org/html/index.php

Thank you very much

Kelly

11 comments:

  1. hi kelly
    you have told me loads more interesting stuff about the mfs. The work that they do sounds great, before i read your blog i was underdecided about the MFs but now i definitly think they do a great job. I would also spread the word around, and consider giving money/ adopt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    You have made me more aware about the mfs. I will tell all of my friends and family about the amazing work that they do and I will think about donating / adopting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly

    Yes, you have told me things about the MFS that I did not know as before I read your blog I did not know it existed.

    I would now, after reading your blog be prepared to adopt a horse/pony and to join in the next big fundraiser or to start my own. I will make sure to spread the word around about the great work the MFS do.I would be prepared to make a donation as well.

    Thank you for raising my awarness about the MFS and I think it is a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already know about the amazing work the sanctuary does, I have supported many of their fund raising events visited the Mare and Foal sanctuary several times to compete with my pony. I will definately get more people to support the sanctuary and will makemore donations to their fund.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already knew about the MFS because I have been to the open days, and competed with my horse at their sanctury.

    I would be prepared to make a donation, and already have previously.

    I have joined in at the open days, which helped raise money for the MFS and also the shows.

    We were considering adopting a horse.

    Yes I will tell my friends and family about the sanctuary

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didnt really know a lot about MFS before reading this. It has definetly made me more aware of the amazing things that they do. Great Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I already knew about this organization but not quite this much. I will certainly donate and try to help this cause more and tell my family and friends about this cause so that they can also spread the word and help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heya Kelly,
    This is a very informative blog and i learnt lots :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i didn't know anything about it, but know i will certainly donate and tell my family, i will be very happy to tell everyone about this cause.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you have truly opened my eyes to what these horses go through and of course i will donate when i can and try to spread the word as well

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi kelly,
    i am very greatful that i saw this blog, as i never knew anything about this organiation and i will of course consider adopting and donating and i will tell all of my family and friends about this issue
    thank you again and i love this blog

    ReplyDelete