A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Thursday 21 July 2011

Help for Heroes – Helps the Heroes

Hello, my name is Isabelle and my blog is about Help for Heroes however before I tell you about the charity I would first like to thank you for choosing to read my blog and share my aims with you. I have only have a few aims these are…

1) To raise awareness to help for heroes

2) To convince people to support help for heroes

And
3) To raise some money for the charity.

Help for Heroes is a charity that was set up by Emma and Bryn parry in 2007 in aid of the wounded soldiers and their families as well. The money raised by help for heroes goes towards a mixture of things including a range of recovery centres across the country to help the wounded boost their confidence and recover as best as they can also housing families near to their loved ones. They do this by taking part and organising many different fundraisers which range between bike rides, concert, the marathon and many others.

Your probably thinking why should I care it’s got nothing to do with me but actually they got injured fighting for OUR country to protect US and they have a right to be helped.

Craig lundberg is 22 years of age and was serving in The army when he got hit by 2 rocket propelled grenades his injuries were severe and included; nearly losing an arm, extremly bad burns, he is also now blind. Whilst Craig was recovering two close friends, Adam smith and Alan Jones were killed within a week of each other. And despite the doctors telling him not to go he still managed to get to both of them. This shows that even though they have been through a lot they are still great people they are also like us therefore we should help them to live a normal life.

Once again I would like to thank you for reading my blog and would love to know what you think of it therefore I have a few quick questions:

1) Have you heard of help for heroes before?

2) Do you feel more informed about help for heroes?

3) Would you donate money to this charity?

Please leave your hometown and country (if not the UK) you can also go to www.helpforheroes.org.uk for more information.

Thank you so much for reading, Isabelle.

11 comments:

  1. I think it is wonderful that you have chosen to support and promote such a fantastic cause as help the heroes. I think it is so important that the country comes together to support our brave soldiers and their families, especially those who have lost someone to the terrible wars occurring all over the world. War may be inevitable in such a fragmented and divisive society however support, care, dedication and love can help bring people closer and hopefully create a safer future for our children. Thank you for choosing to campaign for this charity and help inform the rest of us, keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way and in March 2012 I'm climbing Kilimanjaro to raise funds for the charity and hoping to raise over £7000. Do you have any good fund raising ideas to help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you have deffinately made me much more aware of how help for heroes really do help those Heroes! I am pleased that i read this blog as i didn't really know much about it before. I now feel i would certainatly give to this charity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tristan Rollason, 14 year old Student26 September 2011 at 21:37

    I feel exactly the same way, i love this charity and I'm doing a stall at my schools charity evening and shaving off all my hear and getting people to sponsor me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Isabelle,
    I had already heard of, and previously donated to Help for Heroes (and will continue to do so).
    It's really good to know that younger people are interested, involved and happy to promote charities of this kind nowadays.
    Good luck to Jenny and Tristan (above).
    most of all, good luck to you.
    Craig McNab
    Falkirk, Stirlingshire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Izzy!

    1). Yes, lots.
    2). Yes, a lot more informed
    3). Yes, i definately would donate money.

    I now feel more informed on the issue and how important it is that we help the injured hereos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've chosen a great charity to support. The work they do is fantastic and it is a charity that I will readily donate to. Good luck with your fund raising.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think helpfor heroes is a great charity and the guys out there who get wounded really need the help. My family supports the charity quite a bit as my uncle was in the army. so great work :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Yes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all your comments they have been really supportive and interesting. I hope that you have had success with all of your fundraising.
    ~Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. yes i have heard of help for heroes before and i think it is a great charity!
    2.i feel much more informed after reading your very good blog!
    3.i would definately donate money to this charity as i feel they desereve our respect!

    ReplyDelete