A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Tuesday 26 March 2013

Have a Heart - Support the British Heart Foundation



Hello, my name is Sophia. Welcome to my blog, and thank you for taking time out to visit it!
I have chosen to advocate for the British Heart Foundation-a charity very close to my heart, and through reading my blog, I hope to help you realise what good work the British Heart Foundation do every day, and that without them, many people you know would probably not be here today.


 The British Heart Foundation is a charity in the UK that uses money donations to do vital research into the fight against diseases of the heart.  They have a vision, which is the same vision the British Heart Foundation had when they opened their charity in 1961: “A world where people no longer die prematurely from a heart disease.” In 2012 alone, the British Heart Foundation have funded over 200 research projects across the UK, created Hands-Only CPR with Vinnie Jones and helped 760,000 smokers to quit. Along with this, More than 120,000 people signed a petition for emergency life support skills to be taught in all schools.

My cousin, Lucia was asleep for the first three years of her life-until it got to the point where she needed an emergency operation. The Doctors said that if she had been left just another 24 hours, she would not have survived. Thanks to the British Heart Foundation she did, and she celebrated her 9th birthday last December.

So, I suppose, what I’m trying to say is that The British Heart Foundation matter. They matter a LOT, and, as soon as everyone realises that the better. Because without them, I wouldn’t have my lovely little cousin, and thousands more lives would be lost, and I can’t imagine a life without Lucia.
Thank you so much for reading my blog! Now could you please take the time to answer these few questions? And don’t forget to leave your name and surname, and what city/town you live in, along with your country if it isn’t the UK.

Do you now feel more informed about The British Heart Foundation? Would you now do any of the following to support them and their work?

  • Make a donation to help continue the vital research that the British Heart Foundation do
  • Spread the word about all the amazing work that they do?
  • Do a fundraising activity in honour of them?

May I thank you once again for visiting my blog! Follow this link for more information: http://www.bhf.org.uk/
From Sophia

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! Definitely reminded me of the reasons why British Heart Foundation is such a good organisation. Yes, I will spread the word about the work they do.

    ReplyDelete