A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Monday 20 January 2014

Don’t make today be their last ~ Macmillan Cancer Support.

Hello my name is Tierney. I’d like to thank you for taking interest in my blog.  I am trying the raise awareness about my charity, Macmillan Cancer Support and the fabulous things they do. Macmillan Cancer support isn't a very well-known charity so by the time you have read this I hope you feel more aware of this charity.

Chris was 18 years old when he was diagnosed with incurable lung cancer, his sister Rachel, was 10. Chris struggled to talk, he couldn’t speak a sentence without coughing, he grew weaker and weaker when Rachel knew he was going to live his last days now. 23rd December, 2 days before Christmas Chris was taken into hospital, the doctors told him they took him into hospital because they didn’t want him to die at home. Chris acted like he didn’t have a life threatening disease; he acted like everything was normal, except it wasn’t. The day before he died he left Rachel a note “I want you to continue on with your life, and comfort mum and dad and everybody else. Whatever is in my room, just tell mum and dad to sell everything, and say I said so. With all the money that is earned, use it to buy yourself some extra presents. They can make my bedroom into anything they want, as long as you agree. You’re their only child now, they will likely listen. Even if I die today or tomorrow, just keep me in your heart and mind. I will always be with you, no matter what. It’s my time to go and you’re time to live. Be safe of my heart. Even if it stops beating... it will always be in the sky.” On December 25th, 4:08pm mum got a call from the hospital.......Chris had unfortunately passed away, this was for the best now. Rachel cried for hours and hours, until there was a huge puddle surrounding her.


With your help you can save lives, just like Chris’s, all you need to do is donate a small amount. All the donations will go to the Macmillan nurses and help them care for the people that need it the most. Macmillan cancer support care for people that suffer from cancer. They make their last days the best days of their life.
Now could you please answer these questions?

  1. Had you heard of Macmillan Cancer Support before?
  2. Do you now know more about my charity?
  3. Would you consider donating or fundraising?
Thank you for taking your time to read my blog and thank you for your feedback.

If you would like to know anything else about Macmillan Cancer Support http://www.macmillan.org.uk/Home.aspx

8 comments:

  1. well done, a very good cause

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very good blog, very informative and helpful. An amazing charity as well.

    1. Yes I had
    2. yes definitely
    3. yes 100%

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) Yes
    2) A little bit yes
    3) Yes

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1) Yes
    2) Yes a lot more
    3) Yes, Definitely

    Well Done Tierney!!! great blog and very informative!! it is also very emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel as strongly as you do about cancer! They need to find a cure quickly! I am going to donate and try to fund raise and tell my friends about this. Well done, this is a very good cause. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1) Yes
    2) Evidently yes
    3) Yes

    You are very inspirational, I only hope I can do more to be like you when I grow up

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1) Yes
    2) Yes
    3) Yes
    the story almost made me cry so inspirational

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. Yes
    2. YES definitely
    3. 100% yes

    This is such an inspirational blog and I have learnt so much. Stereo typing is so upsetting and I believe that no one deserves to suffer and no one deserves to be judged for this, very inspirational and and lovely blog, well done Tierney!

    ReplyDelete