A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Wednesday 30 June 2010

People should be more aware of Sudden Adult Death (SADS)


Thank you for viewing my Blog! Most people don’t know what SADS is so I will begin by explaining this. SADS is an umbrella term for various heart conditions e.g. long QT syndrome and is a charity. I really feel that this is an important cause to support for a number of reasons. Here are some of them:

1. Each year between 80,000 and 120,000 suffer a cardiac arrest in a public place in the UK and giving money to SADS could reduce this greatly by getting more equipment for young people to get screened for heart conditions.

2. A lot less people would die of heart conditions because your money can be used to buy more defibrillators.

3. Raising money can be a lot of fun- as my picture shows!!

4. It would help people who have a heart condition to lead a normal life.

5. It can be very rewarding knowing that you may have saved lives by just giving a small amount of money.

Thank you again for reading my Blog and taking an interest in my opinion! I would really appreciate it if you now responded to my Blog with your opinion on the matter. It would be particularly good if you could answer some of the following questions:

* Had you ever heard of SADS before reading my Blog? If yes then where from?
* Do know anyone who is affected by a genetic heart condition?
* Would you consider donating money to SADS at www.sadsuk.org?
* Would you tell your friends and family about SADS and ask them to donate?
* Do you now feel more informed about SADS?

Anya

11 comments:

  1. Hey Anya,
    This is the first time i have heard about SADS, and with what i have learned i would definitely like to donate some money to the charity. I will definitely tell memebers of my family about the organisation, and i know for sure that i am more informed about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiya,

    no i hadn't of it

    no i dont know anybody witha genetic heart condition

    I think it is a good cause so i may consider donating money towards it

    of course i would tell my friends and family, it is a very serious cause

    i do feel more informed, well done anya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anya
    This blog has really inspired me to donate some money. I had briefly heard of the condition but now feel well informed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hiya, great blog :D

    Yes, i had.
    Yes.
    Yes i would, because as you said, id be saving lives :D.
    Id be happy to do that for you :)
    Yes :) thanks

    Aww this is soo sad :'(. well done by the way ^^ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Anya:)
    Really good blog:D
    - No i hadn't heard of it
    - No i don't think i know anyone affected by it
    - Yes i would donate towards it :D
    - Yeah i would tell my family and ask them to donate:D
    - and i do feel more informed:D

    Thanks you and well done;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Yes cuz you've told me about it before (:
    2. Yup and I sort of am aswell
    3.Yes
    4.yes
    5.yes
    Good luck anya wiv ur blog ;D
    Loveyou.....maybe not as much as jack tho ;] :L <3 <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heyyy Anya :)
    No, i had not heard of SADS before, and now that i'm more informed of this issue, i will be willing to donate some money. I am going to tell my family and friends on this issue
    This is a really good blog :D
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. * Had you ever heard of SADS before reading my Blog? If yes then where from?
    Yes; from you in citizenship. however, i didnt exactly know what it was about.

    * Do know anyone who is affected by a genetic heart condition?
    Yes;

    * Would you consider donating money to SADS at www.sadsuk.org?
    Yes; defiantly.

    * Would you tell your friends and family about SADS and ask them to donate?
    Yes; expecially because my mum likes you :)

    * Do you now feel more informed about SADS
    Yes; very much informed

    Well done anya. Brillaint blog. Keep up the good work, and i hope everything goes well with the raising awareness :D x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anya
    :)
    This isnt the first time because I joined your group on Facebook
    Very informative blog
    Well done
    From Chazza x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,
    This is a very informative blog which has made me understand more sbout the disease.I didnt know about it before, but now i feel that i should donate.

    ReplyDelete