A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Tuesday 6 May 2014

Help Lives. Help Children. Help Children in Need.

Hi, I’m Kayleigh and firstly, I would like to say a BIG Thank you for reading my blog, I really appreciate it! When you have finished reading my blog, I hope that you will find that you feel that you would like to help my chosen charity and get involved with them. I am trying to raise awareness about children that are in need of help. Serious help. My chosen charity is Children in Need. This is a charity that I feel that is really popular and that is heard a lot so that many people will already know of it. I feel that children with disabilities should have an amazing and outgoing experience of life, so that they can reach to their highest of abilities. I think that disabled children, shouldn’t just have a memorable childhood, but also have a memorable life. Although, this charity doesn’t just help children with disabilities, they also help children with loosing family members or have lost them.

I think that if you would help, there would be so much more happiness and positive thinking by the children. If you help, there will definitely be more of a chance that these children will succeed in life. If you help, more children will be able to have more of a happy, safe and secure life, like normal children are living. If you help these children, the more children would be thanking you for helping them save their life.

I would like to tell you a story about a young girl called Molly. In March 2010, Molly was diagnosed with a brain tumour that was incurable. Just 6 months after her diagnoses, Molly died. She was only 8 years old. After Molly died, her family was helped by Haven House. Haven House is a hospice that is aimed at children and is supported by Children in Need. Haven House doesn’t just help children with disabilities but also with children that have lost an extremely close family member. Molly rested here at Haven House, and her family would stay with her all the time. Before Molly died, she wrote a book called ‘The Adventures of Ella – Rose’. Molly loved reading and writing books and used to read thousands of books to her younger sister Isabella, to persuade her to read and write like Molly herself did. After Molly died, there was a new member of the family. Molly’s mum had a boy called Toby. Now, Isabella reads to Toby, especially Molly’s Book (The Adventures of Ella Rose)

When I saw the video to this, I felt that I needed to help, so that is another reason that I wanted to help Children in Need. To watch this video you can use this link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01m1gj6



 (Molly is the girl to the left, and Isabella her younger sister is to the right)

I would like to say Thank you again for reading my blog, because it does mean a lot to me! I would really appreciate it if you could please write a couple of words, answering the questions below. If you would like more information about the ideas below, you can find it on: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b008dk4b/features/fundraising-index-2013

  • Before reading my blog, have you heard of Children in Need?
  • Do you now know more about this charity?
  • Would you know feel that you would like to help/fundraise for Children in Need by:
  • Raising awareness
  • Donating money
  • Fundraisng
  1. Would you consider donating to Children in Need?
  2. Would you tell your friends and family about CIN, and get them involved in donating?
  3. Would you feel that you would like to spread the word about this charity? Alone or with friends/family?
Kayleigh :)

No comments:

Post a Comment