A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Monday 19 May 2014

Not all dogs have a home to belong in – Help Dogs Trust today

I see that you have an interest in Dogs seeing as you clicked on my blog, well then let me just say; Hello, I’m Basia, and thank you for taking your time to read my citizenship blog. I am advocating Dogs trust, which you may have heard of due to adverts in magazines or on TV. I feel very strongly about this topic, and I hope that after reading my blog you will too, if you don't already.

There are several points that form my advocacy, these are:

  • To raise awareness, I feel that lots of people are not aware of just how many dogs are not so well off as others.
  • To lower the amount of homeless dogs, by getting people to support and donate, and telling them what to do to help.
  • We must stop fit and healthy dogs, getting abandoned because their owners can't handle them anymore.
Did you know that out of an estimated 500 million dogs 75% of them are stray?

This is Finch's story:

Finch was found wandering around the streets with no collar, alone and injured, so Dogs Trust took him in, and nursed him back to health. At first Finch was a bit stubborn and he would always bark and growl at other dogs, but the people at Dogs Trust trained him to be nice to other dogs and humans. He has now been re-homed in Harefield - West London, with a lovely new family with two daughters who absolutely adore him.



 Thank you again for taking time to read my blog. Please do now leave me a response with your thoughts and answer the following questions, and help in any way that you want to. If you have any further queries, please feel free to go to http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/
  • Have you ever heard of the charity, Dogs Trust?
  • Do you now feel more informed about what this charity does?
  • Would you now consider doing any of the following:
  1. Make a donation to Dogs trust
  2. Sign up to the Dogs Trust website and receive information on what they are doing?
  3. Tell family, friends are relatives about Dogs Trust?
If you chose to post a response, please can you include your hometown and/or country (if not in the UK), because it would really help me!!

Thank you so much for taking time to read my blog
Basia

No comments:

Post a Comment