A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Wednesday 25 June 2014

White lions forever????? Help The Royal White Lion Protection Trust Save White lions.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog reading my blog.
These beautiful creatures live only in South Africa and have for hundreds of years. However now there are no white lions left in the wild left in the world and many of the ones in Zoo’s are hunted and killed by tourists for entertainment. Yet there is hope The Royal White Lion Protection Trust have already reintroduced lions into their natural habitat and are doing all they can to stop this hunting of the white lions.


Marah was born in a canned hunting camp meaning that when she was older she would be killed by hunters.  She would be brought up tame and taught not to fear humans then when she was at her fittest a tourist would pay to kill her. This was her fate.
However Linda Tucker the founder of the Royal White Lion Protection Trust heard about her. Marah’s dad had been stolen so Linda Tucker managed to rescue her. She was born on Christmas day and lived a long happy life, had cubs. None of this would have been possible if it wasn’t for The Royal White Lion Protection Trust.
To find out more about lions like Marah visit http://www.whitelionshomeland.org

Thank you again for reading my blog. Please could you leave responses answering the following questions?

  • Had you heard of The Royal White Lion Protection Trust Before?
  • Would you consider donating to save the white lions?
  • Have I changed your opinion at all on white Lions?
Please can you tell me where you come from and any other comments.
Thank you very much
Beatrice

4 comments:

  1. 1) No
    2) Yes, of course!
    3) I already had a similar view from the start, but I understand a little more how horrific it is
    Good luck, Caitlin R 9B

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I had never heard of this charity before, but I would now consider donating to save these wonderful creatures. It has certainly educated me more on the brutal slaughter of these animals, changing my opinion in that I know think they need to be saved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard of the Royal White Lion Protection Trust before reading your blog. It sounds like and amazing charity.
    I would definitely consider donating to the charity.
    You have changed my opinion on white lions because before I didn't think that it was really a problem but now I really think that something needs to be done.
    This is an amazing charity!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. no
    maybe
    definately
    well done, a great cause and blog :)

    ReplyDelete