A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Tuesday 10 July 2012

Have a Heart and Help the British Heart Foundation

Thank You for taking the time to read my blog.
My name is Jade; I am a year 8 pupil at Torquay Girls’ Grammar School.
For my Citizenship Advocacy GCSE, I have chosen to support the British Heart Foundation.


Did you know that Heart and Circulatory disease is the U.Ks biggest killer. Over 191,000 died in the U.K in 2008 due to Heart and Circulatory disease.
Many families a year lose a precious person to them due to premature death caused by Heart Disease or Heart problems, I myself lost a sister to Heart problems and I deeply feel for anyone else who experiences such sadness. By supporting the charity and their great work; you can help prevent heart disease and heart break.
Just donate, support or get involved in a fund-raising event to contribute to BHF’s great work. You don’t need to donate much, just a few pounds.
I walked about five miles and raised over £100 for the charity and it was great to know that I had contributed.
If you have left a response, could you please leave your home town/country?

Please take a few moments to answer some questions:
  • Would you support or donate to the Charity?
  • Did you know much about the disease or charity before reading my blog?
  • Do you now feel more informed about the charity?
  • What was your original opinion about the charity?
  • Have I changed your opinion?

Thank you very much, I highly appreciate it.
Jade

2 comments:

  1. i had never heard of this charity before, it helped me get informed, thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! id never heard about it in much detail! 100% more informed!

    ReplyDelete