A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Monday 4 October 2010

You should Help Poorly Pets by supporting the PDSA



Hello, my name is Shona and thank you for visiting and taking an interest in my blog! I have set up this blog to raise awareness about the British animal charity PDSA. I think that people need to support it more, and learn more about their work before deciding to not bother about it, or thinking it’s just the same as the RSPCA or the Blue Cross. Plus I feel animal welfare is really important!

First of all, the PDSA stands for Peoples Dispensary for Sick Animals and is the UK’s leading veterinary charity. It...
* Provides free vet care to those who can’t afford it-8,800 pets a day to be precise!
* Promotes good pet health care
* Provides emergency health care and re-homing for stray animals

The PDSA help over 2 million animals a year! That isn’t cheap. In fact, it runs up a bill of about £53 000 000! So that’s all well and good, you may say, but stop! The PDSA rely entirely on the public’s donations, which means if you guys stop giving, so does the charity! And if the charity stops giving, thousands of poor helpless animals suffer.

OK so you’ve given me the facts, but now what do I do? Well, there are many ways to help...
* Buy some items in one of the many PDSA charity shops
* Donate clothes, books, toys and all sorts of good condition things to the shops
* Give a little money- even if it’s just 10p put into a collection box, it will make a difference
* Go to one of their many sponsored events around the UK, or make up your own challenge
* Give them old mobile phones, ink cartridges, foreign coins and stamps! Even they’re useful!

Thanks again for visiting my blog! Before you go, it would be so useful to me if you answer a few short questions...
1. Have I changed your opinion about the PDSA?
2. Before reading my blog, how likely were you to donate to the PDSA on a scale of 1-10 (1 being the lowest, 10 the highest)?
3. After reading my blog, how likely are you to donate to the PDSA on a scale of 1-10?
4. Would you be willing to tell other people about my blog so they can come and help me too?

Thank you very much for answering those! Please visit http://www.pdsa.org.uk/ for loads more details!

Shona

9 comments:

  1. Before reading this blog i didnt know about the PDSA now i am well informed. I now know about the PDSA and on a scale of 1-10 on me now donating to it is about 10. I will tell other people about this blog which is so well put together and really informative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi
    yes you have changed my opinion about the PDSA ;)
    ummm well i didnt no much about the PDSA but i probably would of given it a 6.........
    i would give it a 8/9 now .. :)
    i would definatley be willing to talk about your blog
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eye-am-ur-bff-bbz-xoxox28 January 2011 at 10:49

    Hello Shona,

    1. Yes, you have!
    2. probably 1
    3. 10
    4. Of course!!!!!!!!


    Lots of love
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for informing me greatly on this sad and shocking matter. I will now try and do alot more to support the PDSA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really good, and has made an impact in my life.
    1. Yes
    2. 3
    3. 8.5 (I had to be awkward)
    4. Definitely :D
    Good luck with your GCSE! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi shona,
    1) you have definatly changed my opinion on the PDSA
    2) 6/10
    3) 9/10
    4) i will definatly tell people about your blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. Yes
    2. 9
    3. 9
    4. yes, i will.

    Well done for your blog, it's really really really good and very powerful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, cos I didn't know about it before.
    1 cos I hadn't heard of it
    8-ish I really want to help now!!
    Definitely!! Like I said I really want to help!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. Have I changed your opinion about the PDSA? YES!
    2. Before reading my blog, how likely were you to donate to the PDSA on a scale of 1-10 (1 being the lowest, 10 the highest)? about 7?
    3. After reading my blog, how likely are you to donate to the PDSA on a scale of 1-10? 10!
    4. Would you be willing to tell other people about my blog so they can come and help me too? definitely!

    ReplyDelete