A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Monday 4 October 2010

We should save suffering animals



Thank you for taking an interest in my blog. I would really appreciate it if you could please read the text fully and answer the questions at the bottom. I feel very strongly that animal cruelty is wrong and should not happen anywhere in the U.K. Because of this I have decided to advocate and support the RSPCA. After you have read my blog, I hope I have changed your mind in some way about animal cruelty and you are more persuaded to support and make donations.

Just look at this poor helpless dog in the picture above. Why would someone do something like this? People have a hard time looking after their animals more often nowadays due to the credit crunch. They are short of money and cannot afford to pay for the animal’s food or medical treatment (if needed). Therefore some abandon their animals and never come back for them. Some just Torment them for fun. This has to stop now. Animals are our friends. They deserve to be treated like us. They deserve a fair life.

The RSPCA help injured and lonely animals and find a loving home for them. They make them happy again. Here are a few shocking facts about animal cruelty worldwide:

• Scientists estimate that 100 species go extinct every day! That's about one species every 15 minutes.
• Eighteen red foxes are killed just to make one fur coat.
• In around 3/5 of the UK’s farms, animals, such as hens, are kept in tight spaces with hardly any room to move.
• Animals in circuses are kept in unhygienic conditions for long periods of time and do not get medical aid when they are ill or hurt.
• More than 70,000 animals where badly treated last year alone, and 20,000 of these died.

I hope that I may have moved you a little bit! I’d be really grateful if you could please now answer these questions:

1. Have you heard about the RSPCA before reading this blog?
2. Do you now feel more informed about animal cruelty?
3. Would you be prepared to make a donation or tell family and friends about this issue?
4. Have I changed your opinion on animal cruelty? If yes then why? If no – why not!
5. Would you know join the RSPCA cause?

Thanks again for reading my blog. I hope I have made you more aware on this issue.

Emma

4 comments:

  1. 1. yes
    2. yes, I never knew that there were so many animals being harmed in the UK.
    3. yes, I would defiantly make a donation as I am a big animal supporter.
    4. yes, i never harmed animals in the first place.
    5. yes, it is a very worth wile cause that would help alot of animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Yes ;L
    2. Yes I Dooo
    3. Yes That Dog Looks Soo Hurt Its Horrible :(
    4. No I Always Thought It Was Cruel
    5. Yes I WOuld But Dont Know How Lol
    <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. not really
    2. yes lots more I never realised that there were so many being harmed especially in this country!
    3. I wouldn't make a donation but I would defiantly tell family and friends about this issue.
    4. I would never hurt animals in the first place
    5. Yes I would because I am thinking of a job with animals and it would be good if I joined! It is also a very worthwhile cause.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1)yes
    2)yes
    3)i will tell my family!
    4)no, i always thought it was bad.
    5) i dont know how, you should of sent a link :)

    ReplyDelete