A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Monday 4 October 2010

Breast Cancer – please show you care



Hello, my name is Sapphire and I feel very passionately about the breast cancer illness and support. I’m trying to make you more aware about breast cancer.

• One in nine women will develop breast cancer at some point in their lives, this could be you, if this was to happen to you, you will want all the support you can get from everyone around the UK. We are all at risk of developing breast cancer, so isn’t it right to support a cause which could benefit you in the future?
• Last year alone, Cancer Research UK spent nearly £45 million on life-saving research into breast cancer.
• Millions of people DIE each year from breast cancer.
• Early detection saves lives therefore the money spent on breast screening service is money well spent.
• Race for life is a great way of supporting and raising money for the trust.

I’m hoping that my blog has made you more aware of breast cancer, I believe it’s a very important trust to support, if you would like to donate money go too their website or arrange with myself; http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/breastcancer/about_us/aboutcancerresearchuk/

Please spare a moment to answer these questions;

Had you heard/thought about this issue before reading my blog?
Do you now feel more informed about the breast cancer illness?
Have I changed your opinion about it?
Would you now be prepared to try and raise money or awareness yourself about the issue?
Would you now be prepared to donate some money to the trust?

Thank you very much for your time!

Saphire

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I think that this is a really worth while cause and a great idea.
    I did hear about this issue before i read your blog
    I now feel more informed about the breast cancer issue
    Yes you have changed my opinion
    I would raise money for this cause as i think that it is really worth while and i would like to support you
    Yes, i would love to donate some money and change a life!

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did know about the cause first of all but this blog has made me more aware of cancer Research and the statistics behind the cause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi sapphire,
    yes i had heard about it but i didnt know much about it though
    i certainly do feel more informed i have learnt so much from this short blog
    you have changed my opinion because before i wasnt too bothered about it but now i am very much for it !
    yes i think it would be very fun to raise money for it
    i would donate myself it is a very good organisation and we need that research !!!

    ReplyDelete