A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Monday 4 October 2010

We should all Recycle far more!


I am currently doing my GCSE in Citizenship and I have chosen to help to local environmental issue - recycling and the deposit of waste. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.

Here in the Bay, we are lucky that there aren’t very many rubbish dumps in the local area, but if we don’t recycle enough the nearest rubbish dump will be fill by 2012 and that means we will be seeing more of them appearing. To help this environmental problem we should all try to recycle as much as we can and waste as little as possible.

Did you know that you can recycle all these items?
• Some Plastics, e.g. Bottles
• Paper, e.g. Magazines, Newspapers.
• Books and other old items to the charity shops.
• Batteries, Mobile phones, and Printer Cartridges.
• Tin cans and Aerosols.

One of the best ways of getting your whole family evolved is having a compost heap. This makes everyone participate and help the local environment. It also helps your plants and garden.

If you don’t recycle that’s another bin full of waste to be added to the rubbish dumps, eventually the rubbish dump will fill up and then there will have to be another one made to accommodate the waste products – a vicious circle, which can be delayed when recycling.

If we don’t start to work together and recycle we might well be seeing more of these dirty, smelly rubbish dumps, due to the others filling up and not coping with the amount of waste.
We want to be seeing more of this happening to help the world.

Please will you take a few moments to fill out these 4 questions, using evidence from my blog:
• Do you now know more about what items can be recycled?
• Have I changed the way you feel about recycling and the deposit of waste products?
• Would you be prepared to recycle more and maybe have a composted heap in your garden?
• Will you tell your family and friends about the environmental issue?

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and I hope it makes you think about what you need to do to help save the environment and make this world a better place to live in.
Charlotte

8 comments:

  1. Hi
    * Yes I now do know more about what I can and can't recycling using the imformation given on your blog.
    *Not really because I already feal that recycling is an inportant issue.
    * Yes I would be prepared to recycle more at home and at school. But I wouldn't have a compost heap, as we just but our waste in the recycling bin anyway.
    * Yes I will tell my familly and friends about how important it is to recyle.

    I think your blog was really good and I have learnt a lot from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really informative, it really shows the importance of the subject. one thing to improve would be the spellings of a few words (there's only one or two!). apart from the above its great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I knew a few of them but not all so yes, I do know more things that i can recycle.
    2. Not really because I already knew that it was something that people would have to make more effort towards but you have told me more things.
    3. We already recycle quite a lot because we got these new black boxes. I wouldn't want a compost heap because I wouldn't want to see it.
    4. I will deffinately tell more people about recycling.

    I thought that your blog was verygood and it was very interestin to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes.
    Yes, I feel that I should make more of an effort to recycle.
    Yes and we already have a compost heap.
    Since the change of bins in Torquay recycling has been a topic of conversation anyway so the message is being spread that it is something that people should know more about.
    Really good blog by the way, well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1) I already knew alot
    2) sorry but I already recycle alot
    3) If we could afford to buy a compost bin or they were free then I would definately nagg mum for one
    4) I already do but I shall tell them more

    ReplyDelete
  6. ~yes I didn't realise that you could recylce aerosols.
    ~No.
    ~Possibly
    ~Yes
    p.s. This is a great blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do now know more what to recycle
    yes i never used to realy care about recycling to be honest
    yes i am prepared to do more
    i will spread the word of recycling

    ReplyDelete
  8. This blog was really informative and I have learnt alot from it. Well done!

    ReplyDelete