A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Monday 21 July 2014

HELP!! And Get On Board with the RNLI

Hello my name is Alyssa, thank you for taking your time looking at my advocacy blog for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution. I am trying to raise awareness to everyone how much the RNLI does for our country, and that they should be more well-known than they are. I am very fond of the RNLI and feel very strong about what they do for the U.K as I am a sailor. I hope my blog makes you feel like you would consider donating to the RNLI or attending a fund raiser, and make you feel more strongly about the RNLI.

The RNLI is a charity that doesn’t get government help like some other charities, they rely on donations from people like you and me. The donations really do mean a lot, for example a RNLI suit for when in actions costs just over £850 for ONE suit. Also the money will go to training more staff, who are which volunteers and do not get trained. That is another important thing to know about the RNLI is that people are so dedicated to the RNLI that they are working, to save anyone in danger, for free. But people do volunteer for

As I said before I sail in my local area and I am very fond of this charity as they would risk their lives to come and save me if I were in danger.

Why should you really care? You should care because imagine if you were in a dangerous situation where you needed to be saved by them. Or someone you are close to or know of, that needs urgent attention. Also you should care because if you were to be at sea you would know that you would have someone to come out and help you and pull you out of danger. You would also feel safer yourself, if you knew that you would be in safe hands if you needed help.

Thank you so much again for reading my blog. If you would like to find out more information please look at their website at rnli.org.  Please could you leave me some response with your thoughts, I would really appreciate it for your time. In particular, it would be great if you could pacifically answer these questions of your thoughts.

the RNLI because the community and people are caring and always are wanting to have a good time. The RNLI launches around 9,000 times a year and saves about 8,000 people a year.
  • Do you know anyone that has been in a situation where they have been rescued by the RLNI?
  • Do you feel more informed about the RNLI?
  • Would you consider making a donation to the RNLI?
  • Would you help a fun-raiser by attending one?
  • Would you spread the word about the RNLI to friends and family about my blog and how much the RNLI do for the U.K?
If you do decide to leave me a response please could you tell me where you come from (ie. Home town and Country)
Thank you again for reading my blog I hope I have changed your views on the RNLI and hope to hear your responses!
Alyssa

5 comments:

  1. The rnli is a great charity and deserves all the support, i donate to the rnli regularly as it not only effects myself and family, but lots of people over the UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this it is such a great cause congratulations Vete!!!!!!! -Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. This charity is great, i feel like i know more of what they do now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Alyssa, great information in this and i am happy that you have informed me more about what the RNLI do.

    ReplyDelete