A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Monday 14 July 2014

Heathers Hair, offering an alternative to a wig!

Thank you for taking an interest in my blog, my name is Lydia and the charity I am being an advocate for is called Heathers Hair. 1 in 3 get cancer and Heathers Hair provides a hairpiece, which is an alternative to wearing a wig, to people who have lost hair. I hope to make more people understand what my charity is and also promote it to others who wear ordinary wigs. I think you should support my charity is a feel not
enough people know about Heathers Hair and what it does, if people knew more about it Heathers Hair many people could be helped. You could support my charity be giving monetary donations or maybe even offering to give up some of your time. I would hope that by the time you have finished reading my blog you would, feel more informed about Heathers Hair, tell other people as well as considering about giving a donation.

I think you should support my charity as studies have shown 1 in 3 people get cancer, meaning one day it could be you in need of help. If you felt unhappy wearing an ordinary wig, Heathers Hair would be happy to help and show you their hairpieces which are real hair weaves sewn onto a sweatband. If you would like to do some further research on the charity please go to, www.heathershair.co.uk


Susan lost her hair when she had to have chemotherapy, it was a very stressful ordeal and Susan felt fragile. She did not like having a hot, heavy wig on her head all the time, and she was also self-conscious that many people stared at her. When Susan found out about Heathers Hair I was a light at the end of the tunnel. She got one of the Heathers Hair hairpieces and wore it until some of her own hair had grown back.


Thank you again for reading my blog; please could you now take a moment to leave me a response. In your response please can you just write a brief sentence answering the following questions?
  • Had you heard about the emotional impact losing hair can cause?
  • Do you now know why a hairpiece may be an essential to people who have lost hair?
  • Would you be willing to do any of the following things in order to help the charity:
  • Make a donation to Heathers Hair?
  • Participate or attend events?
  • Tell others about Heathers Hair and what it does?
If you post a response, please tell me where you are from if its not the UK ie your hometown and country.
Thank you once again for taking an interest in my blog and I hope you know feel more aware of the issue!

2 comments:

  1. this is a gr8 blog i can really see why you chose to write about it you are doing a really cool thing i will defo consider donating

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow lydia this is so sad about susan thank goodness for heathers hair! i now feel more informed about this topic and i will donate to this charity right away and i will help spread the word!

    ReplyDelete